Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS Ltd.) generally know in Chevron environment as Chevron Credit Union is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources / Admin & Legal Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates onboarding activities for new employees including documentation, file creation and provision of work tools;
- Ensures job descriptions are available for each role within the company and carries out annual update;
- Audits the human resources needs of departments in line with the company’s policy on hiring/recruitment and communicates the needs to the General Manager (GM);
- Coordinates and conducts entry/exit interviews for employees;
- Actively participates in employee management and dispute resolution process;
- Responsible for creating an open and enabling environment for employees;
- Educates employees on all company policies and procedures such as leave, attendance, and dress code;
- Submits yearly review of employees’ job functions and alignment with organizational goals;
- Coordinates employees’ leave process and ensures adherence to the company’s policy on leave management;
- Supervises the administrative unit staff by ensuring they are enabled to carry out their roles in accordance with their KJR;
- Handles all personnel issues and escalates unresolved issues to the GM for prompt resolution;
- Carries out duties as may be assigned by the GM;
- Prepares and provides timely reports to the GM.
Learning and Development:
- Liaises with line managers to assess the training needs of employees and communicates the needs in line with the company’s policy to the GM for approval.
- Works with line managers to set and cascade key performance indicators to employees;
- Collates the company’s performance review results and manages documentation;
- Ensures monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual performance reviews are carried out by line managers.
- Works with the company’s accountant to prepare payroll of all employees monthly;
- Prepares and sends payslip to employees monthly.
- Maintains, manages, and updates all employees’ individual files both physical and electronic;
- Creates, manages and updates the company’s database with relevant information;
- Acts as the custodian of work tools;
- Ensures employees are provided with all the resources needed to carry out their job functions;
- Responsible for the effective management and supervision of all administrative staff;
- Ensures the proper management of workstations;
- Responsible for the management of the IT unit and provides support when needed;
- Ensures adherence to the company’s policies;
- Prepares monthly reports on activities carried out by the company and sends the reports to the General Manager.
- Serves as a liaison between the company and external solicitors;
- Prepares legal documentation and reviews contracts and agreements;
- Responsible for managing files and contracts with vendors;
- Ensures proper filing of important company documents, including legal documents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Law degree is preferred) from a reputable and accredited higher institution
- Certification in human resources would be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Click on the link above to apply. You will be expected to select which role you are applying for before submitting your application.