IFDC Recruitment 2018/2019 Portal is now open for new application intake. The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations.
The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
IFDC are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Policy Economist, Seconded to ECOWAS
Tracking Code: 20120364
Type of Contract: Regular Staff
Duration: One Year Renewable
Anticipated Start Date: 25th June, 2018
Program: USAID EnGRAI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with ECOWAS officials, particularly in the Agriculture Department, regarding regional initiatives and issues related to the agricultural inputs and particularly fertilizer sector.
- Facilitate ECOWAS/IFDC coordination on planned fora, meetings, initiatives and implementation.
- Advocate, as appropriate and needed, on behalf of USAID/IFDC initiatives;
- Provide at least monthly updates on all ECOWAS activities related to USAID/IFDC ongoing work and current and potential initiatives; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the COP of EnGRAIS or his designee.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French
- Competence in the use of computers and MS Office software
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ethics, integrity and sound judgment;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with staff and counterparts from different countries and cultural backgrounds
- A Master’s degree in Agricultural Policy, Agricultural Economics, Economics or a related field.
- Ability and availability to travel to other countries as required.
- At least five years of professional work experience, preferably in agricultural policy with government or international donor-funded projects/programs in the areas of fertilizer, food security.
- Work experience in ECOWAS Member States (required) and with regional institutions (preferred).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates can however also apply by e-mail to be sent to: email@example.com during the same time-frame. Subject of the mail should be: “National Policy Economist seconded to ECO WAS”.
Application Closing Date
- Please read carefully the following instructions, the non-respect of which may affect your request.
- Applicant must include a cover letter, and an updated CV that describes their experiences, qualifications and provides three reference contacts.
- The initial term of the Contract will be twelve (12) months and will be subject to a positive performance evaluation during the first year. There will be no response to telephone inquiries.
- The interview will consist of an interview with a jury and probably a written and/or oral test.