Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited – Our client, a Freight Forwarding and Logistics Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide assurance on the efficient implementation of the company’s policies/processes and ensure compliance to the enterprise risk management, accounting and financial controls and relevant laws, regulations, and statutes.
- Safeguard the organization’s assets.
- Perform analysis and evaluate business data.
- Implement approved recommendations on observed weaknesses and irregularities within the organization’s internal control systems.
- Ensures the scheduling and managing annual audit plans; develops audit direction and risk management framework.
- Proper maintenance of risk register and reporting of risks outcomes to the board.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures in performing day-to-day pre-audit checks and/or post-audit checks on all transactions processing.
- Ensure adherence and enforce compliance to policies and procedures in the organization.
- Review the integrity, reasonableness, and completeness of the data elements in the Finance system and carry out periodic financial reviews/audit.
- Monitor up to date payments of all statutory and regulatory fees and remittances and ensure all business licenses, permits and certifications necessary for the ongoing operations of the company are up to date.
- Liaise effectively with external Auditors to ensure that efficient audit process is carried out and all other regulators.
- Provide proactive information and reports to Management to facilitate optimal decision making.
- Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard the custody and control of organization assets. Protect against fraud and theft.
- Ensure all procurements are done according to procedure and with proper negotiation.
- Compiles and issues audit report which reflects the audit results and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure regular physical verification of cash resources, consumables, risk assets, fixed assets, creditors as well as other assets and liabilities.
- Ensure compliance with system access controls and back-up procedures for ICT facilities.
- Enforcing compliance to the standard operating procedures with respect to management and authorization limits and controls.
- Regular routine investigations on clients’ transactions and complaints.
- Engage in regular routine branch visits and audits.
- Generate report on observed lapses, weaknesses, irregularities, or exemptions in the internal control systems.
- Any other duty as assigned by Management. Strategic Responsibilities.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Audit & Compliance department.
- Conduct a review of the existing structure, staffing and system procedures, identify issues and proffer value adding solutions.
- Be actively involved in discussions and negotiations where the organisation collaborates with third parties.
- Ensure timely establishment and application of internal control policies and assess the overall risk management framework of the Company.
- Monitor the various business units internal KPIs and ensure adherence.
- Preparation & presentation of audit report to Executive Management and the Board
- B.Sc or HND in any related field.
- ACCA / ICAN / ACA / CIA / CISA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years proven work experience.
- Relevant certifications associated with the job position will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to negotiate at all levels.
N3,600,000 – N5,100,000 annually
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Internal Auditor” as the subject of the mail.