Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable Internet Service Firm is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP Operations Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for corporate clients.
- Design implements and support IT, Security and Network Solutions for corporate clients.
- Troubleshoot Core network problems.
- Upgrade core network equipment and configuration.
- Report to the Head of Department.
- Responsible for all assigned equipment to his team.
- Should maintain a high level of personal responsibility in order to be an example to his colleagues.
- Abide and apply the rules and regulations of the department and the company as a whole.
- Responsible for achieving any assignment given by his Manager
- Keeping up to date with departmental and company notification via Emails, Notice board and other mediums
- Keeps himself up-to-date with the technologies required by companies.
- High ability and readiness for any kind of urgent intervention at client sites to meet SLAs.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack
- Configuration and maintenance of network equipment including routers, switches, Firewalls
- Experience in Mikrotik and cisco devices configuration
- Solid Understanding of Layer 3 technologies (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP..) and layer 2 technologies(VLAN, trunks, STP..)
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Good Knowledge in Unix Servers (Redhat, Centos, and Debian…)
- Ability to understand and work on new technologies and to quickly adopt to equipment made by different vendors.
- Ability to design topologies and provide consultancy for corporate customers.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- LAC/LNS Implementation and troubleshooting knowledge.
- MPLS L2VPNs, L3VPNs and VPLS knowledge is a plus.
- Cisco ASA and Juniper firewalls configuration and maintenance is a plus.
- Interpersonal relationship.
- Maintain a good communication and interaction with customers and colleagues.
- Team player.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimum of a B.Sc (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Communication Engineering or Telecom
- Minimum of 3 years proven hands – on experience in networking engineering.
- CCNA is a must.
- CCNP is preferable.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Ms word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.