Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Business Application Supervisor
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for using technology to improve business performance and strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses user needs to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities in order to take advantage of available tools.
- Focal point for communicating related system problems within the organization and collaborates with other teams and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates.
- Manages the release process for applications which includes effective department wide and end user communication
- Develops relevant metrics, measures and publishes the performance of the services provided and enables continuous improvement activities in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Works closely with all other departments in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies.
- Ensure department adheres to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Assists with the preparation of budget for IT systems and services related interfaces and applications
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the Power industry.
- Maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives
- Responsible for finding root cause of an application malfunction
- Provides ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or any related field.
- Minimum of five to seven (5 – 7) years cognate experience
- A post graduate degree or certifications will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of business application support and development.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Database, Linux/Unix systems, scripting, and basic network configurations and maintain technical data reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the inter-dependencies of functional departments and groups and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented
- Ability to handle confrontation with professionalism, cordiality, firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Knowledge of new technologies, maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.