JAMB Unveiled New Rules and Requirements For CBT Centers: The joint admissions and matriculation board (jamb) has unveiled new guidelines for CBT Centers
That would help to curb the fraudulent Practices in the examination system ahead of 2017 unified tertiary matriculation.
Related Post: 2019 Jamb Registration Portal and Exam Timetable
The guidelines should also be firmly held by both the existing and intending CBT Centre owners .
1) Minimum 15 inches flat screen computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
2) The computer systems must be connected to a robust computer server with a capacity to carry 250 systems concurrently.
3) All the computer systems must be linked together on cable local area network topology ( lan ) . (Wireless computer connection is not allowed ).
4) Adequate security and minimum of five ( 5) technical personnel and one network engineer
availability of back -up power supply (power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and ups / inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two ( 2) hours.
5) The centre must be adequately fence. Provision must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs, etc.
6) The centre must not be in shared premises such as cinema hall, shopping mall, market, etc .
7) Availability of adequate and functional air – conditioners and lighting. Cool provision of up to date antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
9) Minimum of windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
10) IP camera (cctv) is compulsory for all cbt centers ( specification to be given by jamb).
Note: JAMB hasn’t commenced sales of 2017 UTME application
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has urged the public to disregard any news saying that the sales of 2017 Jamb form has commenced by some group of persons and blog sites.
For details and conformation of some CBT Centers visit www.jamb.org.ng