Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Chemical Engineer – Cement Industry
Ref Id: GbokoProduction004
Location: Gboko, Benue
Job Type: Full time
Reports To: Manager Production.
Direct Reports/ Subordinates: Plant Supervisor, Patrollers, Operators/Attendants
- Responsible for Plant Operation and Process Control and maintenance of the Kilns, Raw Mills, Cement Mills and Coal Mills.
- Collation and computation of Production data on SAP
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Total process control at all levels of manufacturing for achieving the targeted production levels.
- Conducting process audits for all the manufacturing stages and sub stages and documenting & reporting.
- Collation, Compilation, and Analysis of Process Reports and Daily Production Data on SAP parameter, sensing the deviations, trouble shooting and suggesting ways and means to enhance level of consistency in quality, volume and productivity in operation.
- Suggesting and contributing in implementation of new and better process initiatives and modifications for reducing power and fuel consumption and increasing the output.
- Keeping abreast of new and better Process initiatives prevailing in the industry and introducing them in the plant.
- Taking initiatives for reducing the operation cost by carrying out modifications and improvements in the process.
- Ensure Implementation of ISO Systems and Safety Standards.
- Assessing self-development needs and taking action on improvement areas identified.
- Assessing the training needs of CCR operators while introducing a new initiative and training them.
- Training and development needs analysis of subordinates.
- Other additional assignments as entrusted by the management.
Education and Work Experience:
- B.Sc / HND Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years in Cement Industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Analytical thinking
- Proficiency in Computer Operation and DCS.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date