Kansas State University is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the following graduate and experienced position: – The Kansas State University 2017/2018 Current Job Opportunities include: Assistant Chief Flight Instructor Job Vacancy, below are more details and steps on how t apply.
Job no: 502120
Position type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Division/Equivalent: 3670085500 Poly Technology&Aviation Dean
School/Unit: 3670085547 Poly Flight Operations
Categories: Aviation, Education/Instructional
General Description of Position:
The Assistant Chief Flight Instructor will be responsible for FAR 141 training activities and following Flight Operations policies and procedures.
Information about the Department:
Kansas State Polytechnic’s has an award-winning professional pilot program and has more Master Certified Aviation Instructors than any other college or university in the nation, a premium fleet of 35 aircraft and flight training devices, and a large and active regional airport steps away from the classroom.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University’s commitment to the Principles of Community.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Flight Instructor
- Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument
- 200 dual hours given
- Experience with a flight school scheduling system and Microsoft Office
- FAA Gold Seal Flight Instructor
- FAA Advanced Ground Instructor
- Management supervisory experience
- FAA Instrument Ground Instructor
- FAR 141:
- Stage Check Instructor
- Assistant Chief Flight Instructor experience
- Chief Flight Instructor experience
- FAR 135 or FAR 121:
- On demand or scheduled airline pilot experience
- Scheduled Airline or on demand charter Instructor Pilot
- Scheduled Airline or on demand Check Airman experience
- FAA Flight Instructor Tail wheel endorsement
- Multi Engine Instructor Certificate
- FAR 141.36 (c) For a course of training leading to the issuance of an instrument rating or a rating with instrument privileges, an assistant chief flight instructor must have: At least 50 hours of flight time under actual or simulated instrument conditions; At least 500 hours as pilot in command; and instrument flight instructor experience, acquired as either a certificated flight instructor in instrument or and instructor in a military pilot flight training program, or a combination thereof, consisting of a least 1 year and a total of 125 flight hours or 200 flight hours.
Other Requirements Includes:
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Single Engine Land
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Multi-Engine Land
- Current Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single-Engine and Instrument Land
- Maintain a current FAA Medical Certificate with Third Class Privileges
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor single engine land and instrument.
- FAA Flight Instructor High Performance Endorsement and Complex Endorsement
- Detailed documentation of training records
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply electronically through the Kansas State University’s career opportunities webpage at http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/502120
Applicants should submit:
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume listing education and employment history
- Contact information for three current professional references (titles, mailing address, phone and e-mail)
- Copies of FAA Pilot’s License and Flight Instructor Certifications and Medical
Note: Only complete application packets will be accepted and applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Questions? Contact Eric Shappee, Search Chair, 785-826-2630 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of Applications Begins:
The Screening of applications to begin immediately and continues until positions are filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
The Salary Range / Pay Rate is $37,633 – $65,858. Full Benefit Package. For additional information on benefits, please visit www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Kansas State University Job Application closing Date: