Here is LASU Post UTME 2018/2019 Form Online registration guide – This is to inform all the candidates seeking admission into the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) Degree Programmes that the Post UTME screening application form for the 2018/2019 academic session is out.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCREENING
- Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2018.
- ALL Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2018/2019 academic session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2018/2019 academic session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2018/2019 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
– Christian Studies
– Islamic Studies
– History & International Studies
– Theatre Arts
– Portuguese / English
|2.||EDUCATION||– Arabic Education|
– Christian Studies Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– English Education
– French Education
– History Education
– Yoruba Education
– Biology Education
– Chemistry Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Health Education
– Computer Science Education
– Educational Technology
– Business Education
– Accounting Education
– Educational Management
– Geography Education
– Economics Education
– Political Science Education
|4.||SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE||– Agriculture|
|5.||MANAGEMENT SCIENCES||– Public Administration|
– Banking & Finance
– Business Administration
– Management Technology
– Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
|6.||SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION||– Mass Communication|
– Computer Science
|8.||COLLEGE OF MEDICINE||– Medicine|
|9.||SOCIAL SCIENCES||– Geography & Planning|
– Political Science
|10.||SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT||– Transport|
|11.||ENGINEERING||– Mechanical Engineering|
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Chemical and Polymer Engineering
METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
Prospective Candidates should kindly visit www.screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top to PAY:
- non-refundable LASU Internet Access fee of N3,000
- and non-refundable Screening fee of N2,000.
The Prospective candidates would be required to submit the following:
- JAMB Registration Number
- Surname, First name, Middle name
- Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
- Click on PROCEED
- On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
(i) Click on PAY
(ii) Enter your email address, GSM number.
(iii) Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
(iv) Proceed to enter details of your ATM card
(v) Click Process payment
(vi) Print your Payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-mail address and GSM number.
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL CANDIDATES
STEP I: After successful payment for LASU 2018/2019 Online Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and CLICK CONTINUE REGISTRATION button to print your screening PIN.
STEP II: Use your JAMB Registration Number AND the printed screening PIN to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening for the screening after Selecting UTME or Direct Entry (DE) Button.
STEP III: Carefully fill in your personal details as required
- Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB (JPEG)
- Save and proceed
- Carefully enter your UTME details
- Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Select number of O’ level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY 1 sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one Science subject and any other subject, ONLY if the O’ Level result used is Two (2) sittings.
- Candidates with awaiting result status are eligible to apply for screening but the awaited result must be uploaded latest by 15th September, 2018.
- Candidates with awaiting result status are also eligible to apply for the screening.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) committee MUST fill in their IIVC code on the screening portal.
Note that any examination taken after July 2018 is not ACCEPTABLE.
STEP IV: Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
CHECK THE I CERTIFY BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
By ticking the Certify button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
Click the continue button
STEP V: After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage. Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
C. ONLINE SCREENING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course
- The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2018 JAMB brochure available online at www.jamb.org.ng or http://www.jamb.gov.ng/brochure.aspx
- Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
LASU Post UTME 2018/2019 Cut-Off Marks:
The Point grading system is as follows:
UTME POINT = [UTME (400)] /8 = 50%
O-LEVEL POINT = 50%
O\LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
A1 = 10
B2 = 9
B3 = 8
C4 = 7
C5 = 6
C6 = 5
TOTAL OBTAINABLE 50 %
LASU AGGREGATE = [UTME (400)]/8 + O-LEVEL = 100%
- Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for three weeks i.e. from Monday, 28th August to Friday 15th September 2018 (12 midnight).
- Please NOTE that the deadline date for the Screening is STRICTLY adhered to, as there will be NO extension on the date.
- All Online Screening complaints should be channelled to [email protected]
Further details about the online registration and screening exercise call 070608590**