Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a Leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Origination Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Nigerian Exchange Limited services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Nigerian Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Lead Origination Manager – Domestic Primary Market has the main responsibility of attracting new companies to list on the Nigerian Exchange’s Boards – (Growth Board, Main Board and Premium Board) and increase the value added to existing listed companies on the Growth Board, Main Board and Premium Board, through the Nigerian Exchange’s various value added services (VAS) offerings to ensure continued retention.
- This role also has an advocacy and public policy dimension as the role holder would be expected to liaise with relevant stakeholders on policy formulation aimed at opening markets and creating an enabling environment for financial market participants.
- Prospect companies to bring them to list on the Nigerian Exchange’s Boards – Growth Board, Main Board and Premium Board
- Market and sell various products & services of the Nigerian Exchange to prospective and existing listed companies to increase the listing value proposition
- Develop, and maintain trusted relationships with the leadership and executive level of listed companies, e.g. CEO, CFO, and Board Members
- Lead advocacy and policy formation initiatives to help promote new listings and product development.
- Develop a strong and professional relationship with government, regulatory authorities and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for driving revenue and allocated budget actualization of assigned industry sector
- Develop expertise in assigned industry sector(s) to enhance marketing and relationship management
- Promote listed company interface with the Nigerian Exchange through participation at “bell ringing” ceremonies, “Facts behind the Figures” and attendance at relevant The Nigerian Exchange events.
- Understand the business needs and operations of the potential and listed companies’ community
- Through pro-active relationship management, identify new products / incremental revenue opportunities
- Increase visibility and thought leadership by attending, sponsoring and hosting forums on capital markets and listing related issues
- Organize periodic forums with listed companies as determined by market conditions and the Nigerian Exchange’s business imperatives.
- Work closely with the Product Management team and other teams to provide market intelligence on ongoing product and service development
- Generally act as the main point of contact for listed companies with the Nigerian Exchange
Background & Experience
- A minimum of HND / B.Sc. in Business Admin / Finance / Accountancy / Law / Banking or other related discipline.
- Minimum 12 years client facing experience in the Nigerian Financial Services industry (Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Insurance, Pensions, Funds & Investments etc.).
- Policy development experience would be highly advantageous.
- Existing and established relationships and network within the business community in Nigeria.
- Proven experience effectively engaging with high-level government officials, key partners, media, business leaders and other influential personalities.
- Demonstrable track record of innovation which delivers value and development of stakeholder expectations.
- MBA, professional (CIS) and other post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online