Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead – Talent & Organizational Performance
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for identifying opportunity areas and analyzing models for data-driven strategy across the talent management continuum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the overall talent strategy; coming up with proposals for achieving the talent agenda strategic vision; planning and executing talent engagement and experience initiatives in Egbin; developing programme content for proposed initiatives; recommending new techniques and roadmap to achieving the talent goals.
- Working with management to identify business needs, challenges and opportunities as it relates to the Talent agenda; evaluating existing talent management processes (across the end to end continuum) and recommending improvements.
- Supporting the design of a frameworks for developing future leaders in Egbin; collaborating with business schools and other third parties to develop and deliver cutting-edge leadership programmes, learning and development initiatives and training.
- Designing policies, processes and programs that support the overall talent strategy in relation to organizational architecture, planning, development and management.
- Gathering and analyzing talent needs and developing strategies to meet these needs; developing action plans to overcome talent challenges and recommending improvements based on market and competitive trends; identifying and developing new opportunities for talent management.
- Supporting change management efforts as they relate to organizational culture.
- Providing workforce insights and data analytics on talent management, analyzing workforce data and industry trends to guide recommendations on talent related issues, policies and practices.
- Promoting strong interpersonal relations, marketing the talent management agenda in a creative and effective manner; deploying tactical plans that enables the delivery of the talent strategy; cultivating and maintaining partnerships and alliances with external entities; developing reciprocal relationships with the domestic and international HR community in areas such as best practices and benchmarking.
- Leading on all aspects of performance management and objective setting across the company.
- Supporting the design of a robust performance management strategy tied to quantitative and qualitative organizational goals for Egbin in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develop efficient systems for collection information on performance
- Gathering and analyzing cross-functional performance data
- Presenting statistical performance analysis and recommending solutions
- Design and review policies related to employee performance
- Identify, report and resolve workplace or interpersonal barriers to performance
- Assist in developing an effective staff resourcing model
- Review/ maintain/ update the organization’s structure, job descriptions and manning levels in line with business need and requirement.
- Coordinate staff placement on org structure and development of career and succession plans.
- Supporting Organization Development maintain SMART companywide Skills Gap Analysis/ and, with the Head HR, transform our gaps into a short and long term Organization Development Strategy
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of a degree in any relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 -12 years of relevant experience.
- Professional qualifications (CIPD, CIPM, SHRM) is a must.
- Post graduate qualification in Organizational Development, HR or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience in Change Management, Organization Psychology, Organization Design is preferred.
- Specialized training in Data Analytics, performance and talent management is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of organization design and development.
- Experience of working with senior management teams on the design and delivery of complex change
- Experience in talent management practices, strategy development and execution.
Skills and Competencies:
- Innovation/Out-of-the-box thinking – ability to seek out ideas and adopt creative approaches to work.
- Change Management – ability to support and drive organizational and cultural transformation.
- Demonstrated track record of success in- supporting strategic people initiatives; coalition and relationship building, management across a diverse group of stakeholders, supporting cross-functional and business initiatives in diverse and complex organizational settings.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Communication Skills – ability to deploy verbal, nonverbal and visual communication and to convey, share ideas and feelings effectively including listening, speaking, observing and empathizing.
- Adaptability – flexible, agile mindset, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges; comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Professional growth – desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn quickly and take initiative
- Financial Savvy – ability to interpret financial information and its impact on the business at an intermediate level and substantiate strategic people decisions with financial data and results.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills – strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to balance the big picture with detailed steps to reach the end goal; ability to balance multiple projects, organize and manage resources necessary to drive the delivery and completion of projects on time, in scope and within budget.
- Integrity and clarity in all communications and interactions.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.