Apply now for LGAs Community Mobilization Officer Job Vacancy at Abraham’s Children Foundation. Abraham’s Children Foundation is an NGO focused on providing basic community services to people living in underserved and low-income communities. We pay special attention to vulnerable groups and person’s.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGAs Community Mobilization Officer
- Design & plan community mobilisation and psychosocial activities (such as workshops, trainings, committees & groups) with Community Workers
- Must work to achieved desired target within speculated time.
- Supervise & monitor the performance of 3 Community Workers and 1 Community center Manager
- Applicant must resident in the place of job.
- Implement quality interventions, relevant and appropriate for the target populations
- Monitor the project in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Ensure a good collaboration with all other Project Officers, Community Workers & key stakeholders in the area
- Weekly report on Community Worker activities
Planning & Implementation:
- Facilitating, under the supervision of the Project Manager and with the Community Workers in the design, planning and management of the activities
- Organizing Focus Groups Discussions with community structures and representatives of the local community (which consists of women, youth and other interested groups) to assess priority’s need of communities, in order to enable local communities to prioritize their needs, to establish a community-based action plan, and to tap into available resources.
- Ensuring general supervision of quality of the content of the activities
- Running trainings and workshops for the Community Workers as well as trainings and workshops for the residents with support from the Community Workers
- Thinking creatively with the Community Workers on activity planning
- Plan objectives and roles & responsibilities of groups and committees with Community Workers.
Set Up Management of an Efficient Referral System:
- Organizing assessment of services available in the area for potential referral
- Mapping of the structures
- Follow-up of the referred cases, ensuring appropriate follow up care has been given and taking appropriate action if further care is needed.
Coordination with Team Members:
- Cooperating with the community workers involved in the programme, especially on identifying specific needs related to the programme support
- Planning & reporting on weekly activities together
- Sharing information, tools & resources as necessary
- Working closely with the other Project Officer in coordinating activities, sharing information, reporting & identifying needs.
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Participating in the activities evaluation and impact assessment
- Be involved in a needs assessment to identify in-need populations & potential activities
- Weekly reporting on work of Community Workers (qualitative and quantitative) to Project Manager
- Monitoring the quality and impact of the activities, as well as documenting any needs and challenges and feeding back to community member.
- Supervise and manage the work of Community Workers and Community Centre Manager for a proper implementation of activities
- Design a workplan and activity schedule with the Community Workers and Community Centre Manager and monitor on a regular basis
- Enforce respect of the institute’s principles
- Handle managerial issues, under supervision of the Multisectorial Project Manager
- Manage and supervise Community Workers by following attendance, leave requests, absences and ensuring a fair appraisal.
- Other activities as requested by the Project Manager
- Ensuring a good link between the population in the area of intervention and the rest of the team as well as other service providers (or other organisations present in the area)
- Report to the Project Manager any problems in the area of intervention or with staff that cannot be resolved at Project Officer level, being sure to maintain a good two-way communication for complaints & feedback from the residents of the area to improve activities
- Be aware of the security rules and social and political situation in the field at any time and provide feedback to the PM.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- HND / First Degree, Masters Degree is an added advantage.
- Experience working for a non-governmental organization or relevant government department
- Successful experience in coordination of teams and follow-up of activities
- Proven experience working with communities (psychosocial activities, community mobilisation)
- Strong motivation to empower youths & adults
- High motivation to identify needs & adapt activities to the context and for the populations
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team management (formal or informal)
- Knowledge of project management
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- English and local Languages Very good.
- Must be resident in any of the preferred 3 LGAs in Benue State.
- Humanitarian Standards
- Humanitarian methodologies
- Experience in project management
- Have experience in budget/work plan management
- Experience with computer Applications eg Excell Ms word.
- Experience in security management
- Good knowledge of humanitarian principles
- Interpersonal skills (e.g. basic counselling, active listening)
- Knowledge of local dialect is very useful and required.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Mention experience and the Tasks related to the previous job(s) and the period of each), Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating your “Job Title and preferred LGA” as subject of your mail. eg: Application for LGAs Community Mobilization Officer, Gboko.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.