Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistcs Officer – Export – (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: logisticsofficer002
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full time
- Provide support to the Cross-border Senior Clearing Manager and Export Logistics officer in managing key outbound logistics operations.
- Provide information to Export Logistics Officer on demand requirements for cross-border customers.
- Liaise with relevant departments/ units such as Logistics, Parking plant, Sales and Transport to ensure smooth and timely movement of required quantity of products to cross-border locations.
- Assist in inventory and relay logistics monitoring information, stock levels and distribution status in a timely manner to the Export Logistics officer.
- Implement approved improvement initiatives for the cross-border logistics function.
- Develop an appropriate and efficient filing system for all documents to ensure easy retrieval.
- Assist in scheduling of DCP’s cement export shipments in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Obtain relevant information on planned shipments and update shipping schedule.
- Coordinate and track finished goods to international destinations documents in line with the DCP procedures with clinker/cement.
- Complete all documentation related to export in the plant and forward same to Government agent for processing pre-shipment inspection agents (PIA)
- Collate figures and statistics, providing reports for management daily.
- Must have good understanding of transportation solutions and should always be seeking to improve delivery options to customers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Cross-border Logistics.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date