Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Webcruiter ID: 4201573641
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Reports to: The Logistics Manager
- NRC is looking for a Logistics Coordinator, in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics Coordinator is to implement delegated areas of responsibility in support program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC / NIF policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines and donor/auditor requirements as regards to all printed and online publications.
- Maintaining an updated vendor’s database, prequalification of suppliers, developing coordinated procurement plans with Project Manager/Coordinators
- Supervision of CO Logistics officer
- Ensuring all assets are tagged, registered and in good condition
- Ensuring the monthly stock reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Training of logistics staff and other staff in the procurement, warehousing, fleet management, and assets and any other training that is deemed important for the proper functioning of Logistics for the Country operations
- Review of all Logistics weekly and Monthly Reports as specified
- Support Logistics Manager with periodic market assessment
- Support Logistics Manager with periodic stock and asset count
- Support Logistics Manager with the review of FWA and updating the Identification of suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers, and contractors of goods and services in support of program implementation in accordance with NRC logistics guidelines.
- Support the Logistics Manager with the establishment of accountable and functional in-bound and out-bound logistics and warehousing systems and procedures.
- Ensure optimal Vehicle utilization, Proper maintenance, fuel consumption, and monitoring and controls systems
- Assess capacity-building needs among logistics staff in collaboration with LM/AM and discuss actions for implementation.
- Work closely with the program to ensure the procurement plans for all project are in place and ensure follow of the implementation of the procurement plans
- Responsible for procurement above the Area office threshold and ensure they are finalized in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with NRC Logistic Handbook/SOPs and donor guidelines.
- Responsible for prequalification processes and establishment of Suppliers and Service Providers databases.
- Responsible Management of GHs/Offices lease agreements in accordance with NRC procedures and ensure on-time renewal.
- Advanced university degree in Supply Chain Management or related technical field (minimum master’s degree).
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator / Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in humanitarian settings.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian Media.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: March 2020
- Duration: 10 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of grade-level 7 step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.