The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Job Identification: 804
Job Category: Logistics
Job Schedule: Full time
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Process procurements within the CO threshold as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Service Completion form etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with country office if procurement must be conducted there or at area office level
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports for all procurements identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Updates and Manages the Procurement tracker
- Updates and manages the contract tracker Ensure that all procurements are done in accordance with NRC logistics policies, procedures and donor regulations
- Check and receive purchase requisitions and initiate the procurement process according to NRC procurement regulations.
- Ensure RFQs, are prepare and send out within the agreed lead time
- Complete and issue purchase orders in accordance with NRC regulations.
- Check procurement documents (Bid analysis, Purchase orders and Payment documents etc…) and submit to signatories for verifications and approvals.
- Check payment documents as per procurement checklist before submission to finance
- Follow up with supplies and organize for delivery of materials.
- Conduct regular market surveys to identify suitable and reliable suppliers and service providers
- Maintain updated vendor data base at area level
- Update and share the procurement tracker on regular basis
- Submit invoices from suppliers and the relevant procurement documents to finance
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, when required to support the area offices
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule as well as managing service agreements such as vehicles fueling.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Prepare Military Clearances for the delivery of goods to field locations as requested.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Ensure proper usage and Maintenance of the Area Office Generator by keeping an up to date Generator Log book for usage and services
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to / from staff in the absence of assets focal person
- Update Asset Register and send to country office every month in the absence of the assets focal person
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse.
- Ensure quarterly stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure random spot check on stock in the warehouse
- Ensure all program stock are released through NRC Stock release/requisition form and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/point of usage.
- Ensure the BHs and the Country Office Logistics Manager are informed about all stock under expired, expiring SOF and other irregularities or discrepancy in the warehouse respectively.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2021 by 11:30 AM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online