MTN Nigeria, is a multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African countries, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are ecruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager External Relations (Public Relations)
- To develop and maintain third party advocacy relationships for MTNN.
- Implementation of media relations’ strategy.
- Develop and maintain corporate events/protocol strategy
- Developing and deploying content & strategies that shape perception of MTN in line with business objectives;
- Developing issues management strategies and ensuring that the MTN perspective gains acceptance in the media/public spaces;
- Drive strategy that would ensure MTN has influence and commands respect in the traditional media and among personalities and institutions useful to MTN;
- Developing viable platforms to harness advocates and promote the MTN point of view;
- Identify & exploit initiatives, causes, situations, facts that elicit empathy and understanding of the MTN point of view;
- Build goodwill for MTN through leveraging strategic sponsorships and other PR deployments;
- Organize high quality events at maximum value extraction which perpetuate a positive perception of MTN.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- B.Sc. in public relations or in a related discipline.
- Membership of professional PR association is necessary
- 6-13 years’ experience which includes:
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in media management in a world-class organization / multinational
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience in managing corporate events as well as corporate sponsorship strategy
- Experience in developing and executing external communication strategies, stakeholder engagement & information channel manageme
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please apply online and attach your CV
- Please note that you must attach your CV for the application to be complete.