The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), National Programme Management Unit invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of project staff under the FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project:
Job Title: Market and Enterprise Development Advisor (MEDA)
- In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency In domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Governments strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement on a sustainable basis, Incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in the production, processing and marketing of Rice and Cassava in Six States of Anambra, Benua, Ebonyi Niger, Ogun and Taraba States”.
- Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to participate in the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP).
- The Market and Enterprise Development Advisor (MEDA) will work under the direct supervision of the National Programme Coordinator.
- The Market and Enterprise Development Advisor (MEDA) will work under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (PM), in close collaboration with SPMU Business and Market Development Officer (SBMOG), the SPMU Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officer and the National authorities. Overall, the NBMDA will lead the sub-component designed to increase value addition and improve access to markets by small and medium-scale producers and processors.
- Coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of VCD measures and activities in supporting policy and regulatory framework for promoting enabling environment for VCD.
- Provide the leadership, technical guidance and supervision for the initiation and execution of support measures, activities and processes for quality control and standardization of processed products under the VCDP,
- Lead and supervise the formulation and implementation of measures and interventions for increasing the access of VC operators to market information and improving market linkages between producers, processors and market operators.
- Develop and supervise the execution of VCDP measures and interventions designed to strengthen the business management capacity of post-harvest VC operators (individuals and organizations) for improved business, organizational and corporate performance and sustainability.
- Give technical direction and management leadership in identifying actions and mechanisms for the implementation of the measures and activities in the promoting the use of value addition technologies including post-harvest handling, processing, storage and packaging.
- Deal and interact with national and state government agencies in consultative and collaborative activities.
- Select service providers where necessary and formulation of TORs and scope of work for the service providers.
- Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities and assignments.
- Provide technical supervision of the work of the States’ Business and Market Development Officers and the State Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officers.
- Provide technical guidance and coordination for the acquisition of agro-processing equipment and technologies under the VCOP.
- Source and use information from various sources for the implementation and coordination of activities and measures for the promotion of value addition and improvement of market access byVO operators: and
- Design capacity building and technical assistance measures and activities in the areas of policy and regulatory support, value addition, market access, business management, quality control and standardization.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in the NPMU office located in Abuja. The MEDA will report directly to the National Programme Coordinator.
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in any of the Management or Social Sciences including Agricultural Economics, Economics or related fields,
- Strong background in business and marketing blended with practical skills and at least 5 years work experience on issues and programmes relating to agricultural commodity marketing, agro-processing and agro-industrial development and MSME promotion.
- Good negotiation, inter-personal and relational skills.
- Previous experience in working with government and private sector will be a great advantage,
- Integrity and confidentiality
Application Closing Date
12PM; 9th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) Applications in ten (10) copies including one original and nine (9) photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of National Procurement Officer under FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should include a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.