Apply now for ongoing Mechanical Technicians Job Vacancy 2018 at Fadac Resources. Our client is a multinational leading flexible and packaging manufacturing company in Nigeria producing flexible packaging and PET bottles and plays a major role to various FMCG in Nigeria. They have clients such as Unilever, P&G, Coca cola, Nestle etc
Due to expansion, they are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Ota, Ogun
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Mechanical Technician II; acts in his absence, inclusive of Contractor Callouts, Work Order Allocation, Material Requisitions, Maintenance Planning and Scheduling.
- Executes mechanical activities on-site as directed including:
- All planned maintenance tasks (scheduled & emergent) relevant to rotating and ancillary equipment and emergency tasks.
- Permitting compliance with safety requirements and liaison and coordination with other Departments as required.
- Ensures equipment, materials and tools are on-hand for work execution. Reports resources and time utilized, job scope expansion, rework or deferred maintenance as required; also keeping all tasks & activities logged and up-dated.
- Implementation of routine PM checks including vibration & temperature inspections on designated rotating equipment and ensuring logging or recording of all readings; includes preliminary assessment and reportage on as found conditions.
- Repairs to other static equipment as required – valves, pipe-work, pressure vessels and tanks and such-like.
- Supervises work execution inclusive of crane rigging and lifting operations as designated.
- Refocusing Maintenance from low indenture PM and CBM to Predictive and Proactive Maintenance Modes by practicing and implementing equipment diagnostic and prognostic instrumentation and technologies. [This enables Item (F) to a significant extent without having to off-line, shop, disassemble and inspect equipment internals.]
- Ensuring work compliances to standards, tolerances and fits & working in accordance with sound engineering practices on all jobs under his purview, both On-Site and occasionally in Contractor Workshops; includes reading P&ID’s, Technical Literature and Equipment Manuals
- Ensuring mechanical spare parts availability for scheduled and projected jobs inclusive of spare inventory (physical) checking and stock inspections and preliminary liaison with Suppliers and Vendors for proposals etc.
- Equipment Problems Trouble-shooting and Basic Root Cause Analysis and Development of Solutions. Work with Senior Technicians on either Large and Special Valve Program or Revamp of Chemical Treatment electrochemical ancillary equipment maintenance (set of chemical pumps, line-work valves, new pump configurations and replacements and spare parts) as directed.
- Liaison with & assisting other Engineering Departments as required.
- B.Sc/HND in related field
- Relevant Certification from a recognized institution.
- Experience in factory operation is key
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Team Player
- High level of integrity
- Good emergency response
- General Tool Usage
- Following safety instructions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2018.
Note: Unsuitable applicants will not be considered.