Ibom Specialist Hospital (ISH) is an emerging player in the high-end healthcare sector in Nigeria and is seeking to hire enthusiastic and goat-driven management cadre staff and medical consultants to run its well-equipped hospital facility. It is the flagship hospital of Akwa Ibom State Government located in the South-South region of Nigeria.
Though government owned, the new management shall be expected to work profitably and sustainably independent of, and without encumbrances of, government.
To this end, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Medical Consultant
Location: Akwa Ibom
We need Medical Consultants in the following fields:
- Anaesthesia! Intensivist
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Internal Medicine:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Consultants shall provide medical care of the highest standard in their respective fields and shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director through the Director of Clinical Services and training.
Interested persons shall possess the following minimum qualification / requirements:
- Basic Medical Degree of MBBS, MBBCh or equivalent registrable with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- Be a Fellow of either the National Post-Graduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Post-Graduate College or equivalent in their respective fields, registrabLe by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Consultant. Applicant should be a person of proven integrity with adherence to high ethical standards.
- Applicant must have a good knowledge of, and be versatile in, Information Communication Technology (ICT). Additional qualification and sub-specialization would be an added advantage
This shall include accommodation and a utility vehicle. The gross monthly salary for this post shall range from one to two million naira depending on years of qualification.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Application Letter and Resumé in a sealed envelope to:
The Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Send an e-copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should enclose a vision statement for the hospital and in particular towards making the hospital run profitably independent of government in not more than 1500 words.
- Only qualified and shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.