The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
SVN No.: CFCV2020.084
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: DDRR / ICRS
IOM Classification: Hourly
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Contract, Hourly
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the RR Programme Manager and in coordination with the ICRS Officer, and the direct supervision of the S2R Senior Project Coordinator in Maiduguri,
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clinical, administrative, and project management support for health assessments and treatment of former associates assisted by the S2R Project. In particular, s/he will;
Specifically, The Incumbents Shall:
- Assist to coordinate and manage all the health activities of the ICRS Department. This includes butis not limited to logistic preparation for medical screening, handling, and safekeeping of individualmedical files, collection of biodata and medical history, physical examination, ensuring identitychecks of the applicants, and confidentiality of information throughout the screening process.
- Supervise clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure all health activities are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Assist to ensure proper identification and coding of serious medical conditions and refer fortreatment as appropriate, maintain strict client confidentiality, liaise with various health serviceproviders to facilitate handling of such cases, and coordinate the procedures and supervision of treatment.
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Diagnose and recommend treatment to all clients visiting the Clinic at transit centers daily
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Promoting health education and training of team members
- SPerform any other responsibilities as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other related clinical specialties or,
- University degree in Medicine with four years of relevant clinical experience
- Registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license;
- Experience in administration/management an advantage.
- Continuous clinical experience in busy public or private hospitals
- Training/experience in Mental Health, Internal Medicine, or Infectious Diseases is an advantage.
- Knowledge and clinical skills in BLS & ACLS will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Goodknowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especiallyExcel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads and tight timelines.
- Willing to accept a flexible work schedule.
- Attentive to details and accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English and Hausa / Kanuri
Required – Competencies Behavioural:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent withorganizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed mannerand exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieveshared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner;is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumesresponsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complexmatters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the “Position Applied” as the subject of the email.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2020.84 Medical Doctor DDRR/ICRS
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply