Skip to content
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, PIU at National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)
5 months ago
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, the NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
Applications are invited from interested Public / Civil Servants and individual consultants (private sector) for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, PIU
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the World Bank, French Development Agency (AFD) & European Investment Bank (ETB) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to increase the number of persons with a National II) number, which would he issued by a robust and inclusive foundational ID system to facilitate improved access to public services.
- The National identity Management Commission (NIMC) – based in Abuja is responsible for the implementation of the Nigeria Digital Identification for Development (ID4D) Project. The project is comprised of four components: (1) Strengthen the Legal and Institutional Framework (2) Establish a Robust and Inclusive Foundational ID System (3) Enable Access to Services through. IDs and (4) Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement. The governance arrangements for project implementation consist of three structures: (a) Project Ecosystem Steering Committee (PESC); (b) Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit (ECSU); and (c) the Project implementation Unit (PIU).
Objectives of the Assignment:
- The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) situated in NIMC, will oversee the project implementation, of Component 2, 3 and 4, namely, (i) regulate data collection for foundation ID (ii) regulate ID credential offerings and (iii) project management and coordination of the Nigerian ID ecosystem in collaboration with the Ecosystem Coordination Strategic Unit, located at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
- The Project is now desirous of filling key vacancies within the PIU and is by this notice inviting candidates who may be (1) qualified public/civil servants within the Federal Public/Civil Service structure or (2) interested qualified individual consultants/technical experts from the private sector to submit their expression of interest for the position listed above.
Reporting, Location and Commencement
- The candidates shall report to the PIU Coordinator who shall report to the Director-General, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in Abuja. The commencement of the services shall come into effect on the date of the notice to the recruited personnel instructing the recruited personnel to begin carrying out the services.
The M&E Specialist shall have the following minimum educational qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related field (Monitoring and Evaluation, Measurement and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Public Policy. Finance, etc.) with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, out of which a minimum of 5 years of experience shall be in working for any international donor-funded program/project;
- Demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge of M&E and Impact Evaluation methods, experience in designing and managing M&E/MIS systems, and experience in training or building capacity of implementing institutions;
- Demonstrated expertise with digital tools for the collection, management, and analysis of data and in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including inferential statistics; and
- Strong inter-personal skills, team leadership qualities and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
4pm 18th August, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expression of Interests clearly marking the position applied for with a detailed CV as well as a not more than 300 words statement matching their qualification and experience with suitability for the particular position applied for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to: email@example.com
Expression of Interest should also be accompanied with:
- Cover Letter; and
- Copies of certificates for professional and academic qualifications
Further inquiries can be made via email or in writing to the address below.
DGM/Head of Procurement,
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC),
11 Sokode Crescent, Off Dalaba Street,
Zone 5 Wuse, Abuja – Nigeria.
Detailed Terms of Reference for this position is available for review and download from OSFG, OHCSF and NIMC websites: www.osgf.gov.ng ; www.ohcsf.gov.ng and www.nimc.gov.ng/adverts-tenders
error: Content is protected !!