Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer
Ref No: 210003VO
Team: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Staff directly reporting to this post: NIL
Contract Length: 1 Year
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Emergency MEAL officer will coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement. S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems for the core program. He/she provides technical support and training to the field staffs, participates to the roll out of the accountability framework and contributes to internal knowledge building. Provide support to implementing partners and program staff to systematically measure progress in the implementation. She/he will provide a framework through which these measurements (M&E data) are fed back to those involved in the running of the various component of the project and ensure that the information can support and guide the decisions of the management team to improve the quality and impact the program operations.
Key Areas of Accountability
Key Responsibilities for M&E:
- Liaise with the MEAL Coordinator for the development and implementation of an M&E Plan for the Sector and provide MEAL related support to the sector.
- Develop data capture tools for beneficiary identification and registration and distribution register
- Provide community organizations, implementing partners and save the Children staff with clear and simple instructional sheets for each data collection tool and trained/provide regular coaching to relevant staffs and other stakeholders on data quality and the use of the data collection tools.
- In consultation with Education sector lead, design and develop program database, IPTT and regularly update database for the sector.
- Support lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations, and other information to generate donor communication pieces, proposal annexes, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation.
- Update M&E plan and IPTT timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program team on design and proper use of it.
- Organize learning events and document lesson learn/findings of PDM, CPA, field monitoring visit with Education sector and develop learning paper with action plan and timeline.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routine data quality checks and validations
- Provide project related figures and conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data; Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues;
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Manager.
- Support programming staff to incorporate participatory methods into community level M&E systems and tools.
- With support from the MEAL Coordinator, establish and maintain project level information management system.
- Actively participate in M&E meetings with key stakeholders. Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring, Child Participatory Activities for the project and Field monitoring visit to project locations.
- Data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports e.g. analyse PDM/CPA data and produce reports
- Take part in recruitment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in M&E positions and/or program experience in field data collection in emergencies
- Detailed knowledge of M&E frameworks and M&E Plans, systems and indicator reference sheets
- Experience maintaining programmatic databases
- Good understand of routine data quality checks/validation
- Experience in survey and qualitative interviewing, including supervising field data collection teams and writing research case studies
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Training and facilitation skills in Education,
- Experience in advocacy for education related issues
- Have experience and/or knowledge about working with children on research issues and is aware of the local legal and child protection systems.
- Experience of working in a post conflict environment/refugee/IDP situation
- Project management experience
- Motorcycle riding with national driving license
- Ability to work as part of a team, Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online