The MTN Scholarship 2017 Application Form is Out and the online registration has began. The good news here is that MTN foundation scholarship application has commence and one can apply now.
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.
Now, you may be asking, “who is really eligible for MTN scholarship 2017”? You are not far from the answer.
Eligibility For MTN Scholarship 2017/2018 Application
The students must be in their third year at the time of application, ie they must be of in 300L now admission set.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
- Candidates from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University
Field/Area Of Study
Only applications from students studying one of the under listed courses will be considered:
• Agric. Extension and Rural Development
• Agricultural Science
• Animal Breeding and Genetics
• Animal Production and Health
• Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
• Applied Physics
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer and Electronics
• Animal Nutrition
• Computer Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering • Electronics and Computer Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics
• Industrial Mathematics
• Industrial Physics
Computer and Information Science
• Information Technology
• Computer and Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
• Petroleum and Gas Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Physics/ Computational Modeling
• Pure/ Applied Physics
• Statistics and Computer Science
• System Engineering
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- Valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only)
To Start Application immediately, Click Here Now
Deadline for the application
Application Begins September 18, 2017 and Ends October 19, 2017
Incomplete applications will be disregarded.