National Open University (NOUN) is an ODL institution, they are university determined to meet the following objectives that necessitated the establishment of open and distance education in Nigeria:
- Provision of Education for All and promotion of lifelong learning
- Filling the gap created by the closure of outreaches/satellite campuses
- Cost effectiveness
- Improved economies of scale
- Flexibility of delivery system
- Maximum utilisation of academic personnel
- On the job teacher training
- Poverty eradication, vocational and lifelong education
- Provision of non-formal education
- Reaching the unreached
- Propagation of national orientation
National Open University (NOUN) Students’ ID Card/Passport Upload
This is to inform all students that it is very important to upload a passport and printout an ID Card for the forthcoming examinations.
Please find below a guide on how to upload passport and print ID Card.
Steps to Upload and Print of ID Card
Note: a Successful passport will be displayed on your home page.
- Login with Matric number and password.
- Go to ‘Upload your photo’ on your menu.
- Save passport with your matric number in this form nou111111111.jpg or nou111111111.png
- Click ‘Choose file’ to select the saved passport on your computer.
- Click ‘Submit’ ( Note: a Successful passport will be displayed on your home page)
- Goto ‘Registration’ on your portal menu.
- Click ‘Your ID Card’
- Now Click ‘Preview ID’
- Click “Print”
- Adjust the size of the ID using the Printer settings.
- Print ID Card.
Nigerian Agip 2017/2018 Scholarship Application Form | Apply Now
Apply Now For SEPLAT JV 2017/2018 Undergraduate Scholarship Award
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) 2017 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship
National Open University (NOUN) 2017 Update on the POP Examination Timetable
The following modifications have been made to the POP 2017_1 Examination timetable.
A. The following courses were removed from the timetable
- CIT481-Website Design & Management
- CIT469-Protocols, Design And Programming
- CIT462-Web Server Technology
- CIT345-Introduction To Computer Design
- PHY49 – Laboratory Physics III
B. The following courses had their examination dates changed
- CHM415 – Will be examined on Thursday July 27, 2017 at 11am
- CHM391 – Will be examined on Thursday July 27, 2017 at 8am
- JLS711 – Will be examined on Wednesday July 19, 2017 at 11am
Kindly revisit the official school portal to download the updated timetable.