Nigerian Communications Commission Recruitment 2019 Graduate & Exp Job Vacancies – The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) in collaboration with the CTO London, United Kingdom, seeks to recruit Commonwealth employees who are committed to the vision and mission of the CTO, and the wider development of the Commonwealth in the capacity below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Secretary-General
Location: 64-66 Glenthorne Road London, W6 0LR
Division / Department: Office of the Secretary-General
Hours of work: 40 hours per week including one unpaid hour for lunch each day.
- Executive Assistant to the Secretary-General is a key position within the organisation that provides support to the Secretary-General.
- Applications are open to candidates with extensive work experience, a sound knowledge in providing support for a head of an organisation, a willingness to take on challenges, have the confidence and communications skills to deal with high level decision makers, could prioritise effectively and deliver to high standards.
- To provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO).
Division / Department Purpose
- The Secretary-General provides leadership to the CTO, across all areas of its activities.
- Reporting to: The Secretary-General
- Posts that this job manages: None
- Other key relationships: This role requires close liaison with all staff in the organisation and particularly with the Heads of the Departments.
Note: The incumbent shall work such additional time beyond the contractual minimum as may reasonably be required to fulfill the organisation’s work requirements. Staff Handbook #2.5.
Main Responsibilities (by function)
- Manage the Secretary-General’s official and social diary and appointments;
- Manage the Secretary General’s incoming correspondence;
- Assist the Secretary-General in managing output, workflow and office deadlines;
- Take and relay accurate and timely messages from telephone callers, as well as correspondence via social media and answer queries where possible;
- Collect and open all hard copy mail addressed to the Secretary-General;
- Organise and take minutes at meetings in which Secretary-General is involved, as well as at other meetings as may be decided by the Secretary-General;
- Follow up the implementation of directives given to staff by the Secretary-General as well as monitor action points and decisions of management meetings;
- Draft and dispatch correspondence as may be directed by the Secretary-General;
- Coordinate the drafting of speeches and power point presentations for the Secretary-General;
- Draft and distribute reports for the Secretary-General as directed;
- Liaise with relevant individuals and representatives of external organisations to arrange meetings or facilitate other activities;
- Maintain a comprehensive hard copy and digital filing system;
- Coordinate the Secretary-General’s travel arrangements in conjunction with in-house logistics and travel staff and representatives of country or organisation to be visited, including airport reception and producing briefing notes for each mission for the Secretary-General;
- Prepare and dispatch Notes Verbales and Diplomatic Notes;
- Arrange local transportation for the Secretary-General when necessary;
- Provide administrative support during missions when accompanying the Secretary-General;
- Maintain an up-to-date database of high level contacts – High Commissioners and other Ambassadors, ICT Ministers and Regulators, Council and Executive Committee members, other members of the CTO as well as Chief Executives of operators and other government agencies;
- Coordinate the organisation of the CTO Lecture series in collaboration with the Capacity Development division;
- Coordinate the preparation of the SG’s quarterly reports with inputs from relevant managers;
- Liaise with the Communications Team and IT Officer to provide up-to-date information on the SG’s activities for the CTO website.
- Tabulate and submit the Secretary-General’s official expenditure and claims;
- Undertake any other activities of a financial nature in respect of the smooth operation of the Secretary-General’s office.
- This post does not have any managerial responsibilities.
- Undertake any other duties in his/her specialty that may be assigned by the Secretary-General.
- Efficient administrative and secretarial support to the Secretary-General;
- Be Efficient coordination of all correspondence including emails emanating from/required by the SG’s office;
- Efficient provision of administrative and clerical support for meetings;
- Provision of administrative support during missions that the Executive Assistant accompanies the SG;
- Accurate and timely production of minutes of management and other meetings where the SG is involved;
- Effective coordination and management of the Secretary-General’s diary, appointments and participation in various events and functions with external organisations;
- Effective coordination of the Secretary-General’s travel arrangements;
- Productive coordination and liaison with staff members on behalf of the Secretary-General, as required, especially on effective follow up of decisions taken at management and other meetings as well as assignments with deadlines;
- Ensuring that all draft speeches by the Secretary-General are submitted for the SG’s consideration at least 5 working days before delivery;
- Effective facilitation of Secretary-General’s communications including speeches;
- Provision of up-to-date information on the SG’s activities on the CTO website;
- Timely preparation of the SG’s quarterly reports;
- Effective coordination of CTO Lecture Series;
- Productive coordination and liaison with staff members on behalf of the Secretary-General through a culture that inspires professionalism, achievement, excellence, high ethical values, diversity, transparency, competence and staff appreciation;
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Education up to a Degree level
- Working experience as a personal assistant to the head of an organisation
- Good IT skills, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- The ability to liaise with a multitude of stakeholders at senior level
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment with other team members
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Multitasking skills
- Experience of working in a regional or intergovernmental organisation will be an added advantage
- Starting salary will range from £21,846 p.a. to £30,425 p.a. depending on the qualifications and experiences.
- Benefits include 25 days holiday per year, contributory pension scheme, medical insurance, travel season ticket loan, support for training and development, a performance-based annual bonus, subsidy for gym membership, provision for flexible working and a great working environment.
- You must be a national of a CTO Full Member Country
Application Closing Date
No Date Yet.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and attach the Application Form below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Download Application Form (pdf)