NOTICE ON CHECKING OF 2018 ADMISSION STATUS FOR THE 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION.
- Candidates seeking admission in the 2018/2019 academic session should login to the JAMB website www.jamb.org.ng, click on CAPS to check their admission status, and click on accept/reject button to either accept or reject the offer.
- Candidates whose admission status show “not admitted” should keep checking the JAMB website for further updates.
- Applicants should please note that the Admission List will be published in batches on the University’s website as they are processed. Candidates are therefore advised to keep on checking the university’s website for the Admission List.
- Those offered provisional Admission should proceed with the Acceptance and Registration processes. The procedure is on the University website.
HOW TO CHECK JAMB 2018/2019 CAPS ACCEPTANCE STATUS
After the said introduction of CAPS by the Tertiary institutions admission body, JAMB, the board has provided an Admission Acceptance Page. It is on this page that you’ll be able to *accept your admission after being admitted to your respective institution.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR JAMB CAPS
How the admission process would be
1.The university would login into their respective caps platform
2.choose their general cut off mark which was earlier advertised eg AAU -160
HOW TO CHECK YOUR 2018 CAPS ADMISSION STATUS
1.visit the jamb caps admission status checks via the link below
2.login with your jamb registration number
3.click on the submit button on the left side to view caps admission status.
Report has it that, most candidates saw the ‘Not admitted’ notification on their CAPS portal which simply means that they have not been offered provisional admission at their institution of choice, So therefore you are all advised not to click on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon until your admission status changes to ” ADMITTED”, clicking on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon simply means you’ve accepted a non- existent admission.
By the time your school of choice releases her admission list,you will not only see the “ACCEPT” icon but also a ‘DECLINE’ icon . You are enjoined not to click on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon until you receive an admission notification from your institution of choice.
Please note, To those who might have clicked on the ‘ACCEPT’ icon, your action implies that you have accepted the course and institution choice, so you won’t be placed in the JAMB proposed CAPS market place peradventure you were not later offered provisional admission in your school of choice.
Everyone is implored to wait for their institution of choice to release her admission list which on release changes your CAPS admission status which still shows ‘Not Admitted’ to ‘Admitted’ then you accept if you want and ‘DECLINE’ if you don’t..
Interpretation of Jamb Caps Admission Status
If your admission status is showing Appoved: it means you have been admitted.
If your admission status is showing recommended: it means you have been recommended to other schools to admit you. So wait for the list to be uploaded.
If your status is showing not admitted it means you should wait till the 2nd batch list is uploaded.
The approved one has been admitted. Not admitted person should wait till 2nd list and recommended should wait till they upload your own.
This page will give you latest news update on Jamb caps admission for all school starting from November 2018.
How To Access 2018 Jamb Caps from Jamb Portal
1. *Visit jamb.org.ng/efacility preferably using a PC or chrome browser on mobile.
2. *Login with the credentials( email and password) you created your jamb account with.*
3. *After successfully logging in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page.
4. *You’ll see CAPS under the tag ‘Admissions’. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
5. If the page only shows ‘welcome’, do not be discouraged. Just click on options on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view. This is why it’s preferably to use a PC.*
6. *You’ll see some options listed at the left-hand side. Click on Admission Status.*
7. *It’ll then bring your details.
If you’ve been admitted, you can either Accept admission or Reject admission’.*
*If you’re waiting on admission list from your school or so, it’ll show: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. You won’t even be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button.
The site being circulated since yesterday seems not trustworthy. It’ll be better if you go through
the official jamb site.