Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Advisor
Ref Id: sfh-05758
Location: Kano, Kano
- This position will support the design and implementation of high-quality nutrition interventions for the project and provide technical oversight nutrition programming activities in the across the 44 LGAs in Kano
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Monitor nutrition interventions implemented by the Project to ensure strategy and plans are followed.
- Provide programme technical support through frequent field visits to LGA’s and CSOs offices, presenting a report with recommendations.
- Ensure CSOs develop quality timely work plans and budgets according to the frequency requested by the project.
- Support training of CSO Project Nutrition Officers on nutrition or other related topics.
- Participate in technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, and document as well.
- Monitor and ensure accountability and participation mechanisms for adults and children are for the project.
- Observe principles of child rights programming in all activities related to nutrition programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation.
- Support CSO partners to produce timely high-quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements.
- Contribute to policy development relating to nutrition and ensure consistency with SFH Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award Project.
- Provide support on technical initiatives, including performing literature searches, investigating key issues, and contributing to technical activities as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and support State level planning and activities for World Breastfeeding week and other nutrition activities as agreed in the annual work plan.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of a post-graduate level or equivalent in Public Health and/or Nutrition.
- A minimum of five (5) years of specialised experience in nutrition programming in the context of HIV including IYCF.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire a high level of thematic expertise on priority issues within nutrition.
- Demonstrable capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and work plans.
- S/He should have experience working and collaborating with government health ministries and agencies, technical and implementing partners, donor agencies, etc
- Demonstrable experience in budget formulation and monitoring.
- Experience in providing technical support to partners and in particular government at senior levels.
- S/He must be able to write and speak the local language of the state of intervention (Hausa).
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Good analytical skills
- Strong initiative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Ability to multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2020.