Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Officer
Proposed Start date: June 2021
Slot: 3 Openings
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role for a Nutrition and Health Assistant who will implement health and nutrition activities at the facility and community level, Community based assessments, community profiling and community based interventions, project management of nutrition and health.
- Ensure that all Health and Nutrition activities are integrated with WASH and FSL activities.
- Assess and report the drugs and other major supplies in the HF on a monthly basis and share report with H&N officer.
- Ensure proper record keeping for care groups on Health and Nutrition and capture the key issues for management support.
- Supervise the mother to mother support group and fathers group meetings for quality discussions and dissemination of reports.
- Support in the training and roll out of family MUAC approach for support groups members and monitor efficiency of support group members in MUAC screening providing routine support.
- Ensure all Health and Nutrition activities in the wards are completed and paid in line with activity timeline.
- Ensure compliance to logistic and finance during planning of workshops, trainings and/or meeting that requires financial advances and/or logistical procurement etc.
- Conduct community mobilization and sensitization for public health and nutrition in targeted LGAs.
- Ensure records for all training and meetings are filed and retrievable with (attendance sheet, workshop/meeting reports).
- Participate in writing situation reports with information on food security, WASH or security information in the wards for Health and Nutrition Officer action.
- Diploma holder in Nutrition / Medicine / Public Health / Nursing/or related field.
- Certificate in project management for development will be an added advantage.
- Minimum one year experience in primary health and nutrition.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Hausa and Kanuri will be added advantage
- Work experience in humanitarian settings
- Ability to plan and organize work Independent with appropriate follow through while paying close attention to detail and can read and abstract information from a variety of formats.
- Ability to manage wide range of stakeholders for collaboration, coordination and consultation
- Knowledge and experience in CMAM, IYCF and other Health service deliveries
Minimum Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- NGN 172,695 per month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
9th June 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply