Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition State Supervisor
Reference number: DUN084
Locations: Sokoto and Zamfara
- This role is for Deloitte Independent Facilitators, who will develop essential linkage between the UNICEF FO and the State for coordination and integration of nutrition activities at the LGA and community / settlement implementation of nutrition in their assigned areas. These facilitators will be responsible for providing adequate oversight in each state to achieve the objectives of the programme.
- The state supervisor will perform his / her tasks, duties and responsibilities delegated under the direct supervision of UNICEF Nutrition Specialist, Sokoto Field office.
- The state supervisor will work closely with the UNICEF focal point in the field office and with SMOH, state nutrition officer, nutrition focal persons and other state and LGA level staff of Sokoto / Zamfara to strengthen the capacity of government system in the states. He/she will support the efforts of state government to promote child survival and development through prevention and treatment of malnutrition, especially sever acute malnutrition (through CMAM), counselling and promotion for adoption of recommended IYCF practices and micronutrient supplementation among children 6-23 months.
- The state supervisor will provide support in ensuring effective coordination, networking and information sharing with the government and other stakeholders in Sokoto/Zamfara, to help scale up the management of sever acute malnutrition (CMAM intervention), community infant and young child feeding and micronutrient supplementation and home fortification activities.
- Identify bottle-necks in the implementation of nutrition interventions (CMAM, IYCF, MNDC and advocacy) and systematically explore solutions in collaboration with state nutrition officer, LGA nutrition focal person and supervisor.
- Ensure the effective operation of systems for community-based management of sever acute malnutrition for children with age of under 5 years.
- Support to ensure the integration and scale up of community IYCG/MNP implementation with CMAM programmes.
- Conduct monitoring and supportive supervision in collaboration with SNOs / Nutrition focal persons to identify and document the success and challenges of the programme.
- The state supervisor in cooperation with state logistic officers and SMOH, SNO, will assist in planning, develop distribution plans, supply requisition and ensure timely delivery of nutrition supplies to the PHC and / or CMAM sites.
- Support state nutrition officers to prepare and timely submit proposal required by UNICEF.
- Support in preparing and submitting weekly and monthly reports including CMAM data (admissions, defaulters, cured and death as well as stock levels and any potential supply gaps) as well as updates on community IYCF and MNDC activities.
- Articulate the monthly work plan in collaboration with UNICEF focal point and submit proposal to the supervisor and report the implementation progress.
- Review correctness and completeness of routine program data (CMAM, IYCF, MNDC) in collaboration with state nutrition officer before its submission to UNICEF Field office.
- Follow up implementation of state UNICEF supported activities to ensure they are according to the proposed budget and activity plan.
- University Degree in Public Health, Nutrition or Public health or Nursing, Biochemistry or related technical areas.
- At least minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in management of acute malnutrition, IYCF and basic Nutrition programming.
- Working knowledge of health / nutrition program management.
- Must be a computer literate.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is compulsory.
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills with statistics analysis software related to data management.
- Effective Communication skills and a people person.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience in working with communities on Nutrition or other health related issues.
- Experience working in emergencies will be an advantage
- The role reports to the Nutrition Specialist.
- The contract duration is 4 months.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2021.