NYSC 2016/2017 batch a corp members built six bedroom flat for the incoming NYSC Batch B corp member. This was how it started, Corp members built a six room lodge for incoming Corp members. The Lodge contains 6 rooms, toilets and bathrooms, generator house and and very large kitchen/store. It is set for commissioning on November 11, 2017. Thanks to God Almighty for His grace upon this project. Thanks to my honorable CLO, Steven Omang Idiege, the man who held the pillar strong. The thought impossible has been made possible by His grace. I’m happy to be part of it. Thanks to God for a successful service year. With God, nothing is impossible.
Long live NYSC!
Long live Nigeria!
More Photo’s loading……
The activities of the Department are divided into two streams as follow:
- Group CDS activities in line with the 16 approved groups.
- Personal CDS activities: States/FCT Coordinators are to encourage corps members to embark on personal CDS projects. There should be continuous sensitisation and mentoring by Zonal and Local Government Inspectors to achieve this.
- Nationwide monitoring of CDS programmes
- Collection, collation and analysis of CDS Reports from the 36 states and FCT on a regular basis.
- Combating Ebola Virus Disease (COMEVID) programme. Under this programme, the following activities are held;
- Training of trainers for selected Corps Doctors and HIV/AIDS Schedule Officers.
- Sensitisation and awareness creation on EVD in all the states of the federation
- NYSC/SDGs Project. This programme, which include training of SDGs volunteers and WAP beneficiaries, involves:
- Refresher Training for Orientation and Master Trainers
- De-Briefing of Team Leaders
- Award of Excellence for outstanding corps volunteers
- Training of SDGs volunteers at orientation camps.
- Training of WAP entrepreneurs.
- Empowerment of WAP beneficiaries.