The NYSC 2018 Batch ‘B’ Printing of Call Up Letter will commence once the online close. After registration NYSC will announce the date for printing call up letter. The call up letter will contain the state you are posted to, the stream you belong (stream 1 or 2) and also the date you will report to camp.
Listed below are the commonly used NYSC terms you need to be familiar with.
1. State Coordinator: This is the overall head of NYSC in a state. He/she is in charge of all NYSC affair in the state.
2. Zonal Inspector (ZI): He/she is in charge of the corp members posted to his/her zone. A zone consists of some LGs.
3. Local Government Inspector (LI): He/she is in charge of the corp members posted to his/her local government.
4. Place of Primary Assignment (PPA): This is where a corp member is been posted to for the service year after the orientation camp. You can either be rejected or accepted. If you are rejected the LI has the power to repost you to anywhere within the local government. The PPA will give you clearance every month to testify that you worked.
5. Community Development Service (CDS): This is a weekly activity engaged in by corp members to develop the community where they are serving.
6. Personal CDS: This is a project in which a corp member engage in to develop the community where he/she is serving.
7. Seven over seven (7/7): This implies dressing in full NYSC attire; the cap,crested vest,khaki shirt,belt,khaki trouser,socks and jungle boot.
8. Payment voucher (PV): This is signed every month by all corp members for the payment of the month’s allawee. The pre-requisite for signing this is the clearance from the PPA and CDS attendance.
9. Family House: This is a setting/lodge that has been organised by the religious bodies like MCAN,NCCF and NACC.
10. Passing out parade (POP): This is done for corp members after the service year.
11. Corps producing institute (CPI): These are various institutions that their students will be going for service.
12. Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS): This is one of the groups you will find in the orientation camp that are in charge of disseminating information.
13. Book of life: This is a book in the orientation camp where you will be required to fill in your details.
14. Otondo or white fowl: This is one of numerous names you will be called in the orientation camp by the soldiers which means that you are a novice in paramilitary training.
15. Allawee: This is a monthly allowance that you are entitled to be receiving throughout your service year which you have to do a clearance before receiving.
The NYSC Batch B, Mobilization 2018 online registration started on 24th October 2017 and will end on 12th November 2017.