Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
Job type: Full-time
Specialization: Health Safety and Environment
- Periodically review and understand the health and safety responsibilities of employees, Line Managers, stakeholders and the organisation; develop policies to ensure that everyone in the workplace are aware of their responsibilities as outlined in the organizational OH&S policies and programs and establish effective/innovative ways of entrenching and executing these programs.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to Investigate workplace health & safety issues in order to identify causes and determine how to prevent a recurrence in the future
- Develop programs and drive periodic campaigns to ensure workplace health and safety is everyone’s responsibility, while communicating to all employees the organization’s commitment towards occupational health and safety
- Act as secretariat for Occupational Health and Safety committee in the Bank and coordinate periodic meetings.
- Develop measures for preventing work related injuries and illnesses by proactively identifying possible risks.
- Carry out periodic workplace inspections, and work with Learning & Development to ensure employees’ OH&S trainings are up to date
- Foster a workplace safety culture in which employees and line managers work together to ensure workplace safety
- Establish effective procedures and channels that encourage employees to report unsafe conditions and unsafe practices
- Develop or maintain hygiene programs, such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys etc.
- Ensure the Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures conform with the applicable occupational health and safety legislation and accepted best practices
- Maintain records of injuries, category of illnesses and workers’ compensation
- Provide support and advice on employees with disabilities or special needs including Pregnant employees
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure Orientation, training, and ongoing communication with new employees, transferred employees, volunteers and temporary employees
- Contribute to the Organization’s definition of acceptable safe behavior
- First degree in any related discipline and a minimum of 4 years work experience in related role
Application Closing Date
11th July, 2020.