Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, LOB Application Support
Job ID: 50042
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- Responsible for providing Support and Administration of the Bank Line of Business Applications (Peripheral Applications) and Services (UNIX) used by the Production for business continuity.
- Providing capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of the Bank Line of Business Applications
- To maintain production environments relating to online services. This will include development, DR and production Applications
- To ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms (Peripherals) , resilience, and performance
- Ensure that the underpinning contract between Stanbic and E&M Business Solutions (vendor) is renewed annually and annual maintenance is paid to the vendor before due date to avoid service disruption
- To ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises Bank standard Process flow. This includes applications, web server components and databases
- To ensure applications and services processes and outputs are error free and complete, identifying faults and issues and recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate
- Ensuring appropriate contingency/workaround procedures are in place for process failure or defect pending resolution ensuring business continuity
- Managing change control (CR) implications for designated Application.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Computer Science or IT related courses
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience in the Support and Administration of the Bank Line of Business Applications (Peripheral Applications) and Services (UNIX) used by the Production for business continuity.
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Application Knowledge for Support
- Business Continuity Management
- Troubleshooting Ability
- Data analysis
- IT Support.
Application Closing Date