SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Offshore Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor
Reference ID: 2021-21660
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
- Supervision, Planning and implementation of all Mechanical activity in order to optimize production within safety, legislative, environmental and company requirements.
- Supervise the Offshore Mechanical Department, liaising with Production and other Supervisors to carry out safe and efficient planned maintenance routines.
- Responsible for maximizing availability of all plant and equipment and thus ensure security of production understanding that the direction of all routine maintenance activities shall be in line with company operating policies and procedures and shall ensure compliance with safety, legislative, environmental and certifying authority requirements.
- Responsible for organizing and planning the routine maintenance regime of all onboard equipment, plant and systems within safety and budgetary constraints and in liaison with the Offshore Maintenance Supervisor, Production Supervisor and Offshore Installation Manager.
- Responsible for directing the activities of mechanical staff to a high loss control standard in accordance with the company safety regulations and procedures, in order to minimize the risk of personal injury, environmental damage, and asset damage.
- Review and rationalize Preventative Maintenance procedures, evaluate and optimize maintenance routines along with other onboard Operational personnel and onshore support staff.
- Carry out Permit to work tasks as Area Authority for designated area and conduct toolbox talks/ Job safety analysis as required.
- Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Hydrocarbon production systems and equipment.
- Ability to communicate with technical specialists, read P&IDs and to interpret technical drawings and specification documents.
- Monitor the CBTA program and ensure it is being progressed and national labor is reaching the required standards within the expected time frames.
- Coach & Mentor the Myanmar National Staff to ensure they are in compliance with all HSE guidelines and utilizing best Industry practices.
- Awareness of Human factors, including the effects of Environmental conditions & potential effects of SIMOPS on the facility.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor with evaluation of equipment performance when requested.
Candidates must have the following:
- Required Disciplines: Engineering
- Required Course Of Study: Bachelor’s Of Engineering
- Required Certificate: B.Sc / B.Eng.
- Fluency in English both written & spoken with good personal/interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate leadership & personnel supervisory skills.
- Culturally aware with experience of working with multi-national workforces
- Mechanical Trade Certificate/Technical diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Maintenance procedures on Process and Utilities equipment, on an Oil & Gas Facility.
- Ability to lead a team of Mechanical Technicians, both as a supervisor and in a technical advisory capacity.
- Considerable experience in Maintenance Works.
- Ability to communicate with technical specialists and to interpret technical drawings and specification document
- The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- Specific professional knowledge: CMIMS : SAP/R3
- Mechanical Specific: Aero Derivative Gas Generators (Rolls Royce RB211 preferably), Compressors, Firewater pumps, HP Barrel pumps, Submersible water pumps, Process and Utilities Valves (all types), Diesel Generators, etc.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more
- Valid Bosiet
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online