Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packet Switch (PS) Core Operation & Maintenance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Purpose of the Job
- This function is expected to act as the representative for technical and functional requirements in the area of Access Agnostic Packet Core (AAPCN) solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services. The role will define the optimal topology of the AAPCN network to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next generation EPC and its environment.
- This role provides Level-1 support to the function with hands-on knowledge and experience on the nodes and ensures FTR configuration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- PS Core, Operations to ensure Uninterrupted voice and data service delivery
- Capacity optimization, availability & performance management
- Support in Expansion & Evolution of Core Network
- Stakeholder engagement (internal &external)
- Document management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor / Masters of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering degree / Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of IP / MPLS and its role in the Telecommunications industry.
- A basic understanding of 3GPP / ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years hands-on working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPC or EPC domains.
- Multivendor experience – Including experience with Charging nodes interaction in data networks.
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of EPC / LTE, which could include hands-on operations, test and / or deployment. Understanding of the 3G and 4G architecture.
- Detailed understanding of Internet Protocol Suite(TCP / IP)
- Tracing and analysis acumen and experience on end to end E2E service flow.
- Experience on Sy, ESy, Pre-Sy, PCRF interactions with Charging System
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Experience in using UNIX-based systems.
- Basic understanding of Diameter protocol flow.
- Experience with Unix / Linux / Python scripting is a bonus
Application Closing Date