Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Passive & Active Partner Governance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Responsible for Passive & Active Partner Governance, follow up on major escalated failures until resolution, Control the implementation of all job orders that take place within the network, generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI, and follow through on all customer complaints
- Validation/Auditing the processes and procedures across strategic partner operations
- Track SLA with strategic and non-Strategic partners to ensure compliance and impose penalty where applicable.
- Supervise software roll-out after first node implementation
- Audit Network configuration to ensure that all the nodes are running with latest software.
- Supervise and conduct acceptance test for all the new nodes to be integrated to the network.
- Leading/Guiding the MS team during hardware and software change implementation.
- Effective Management of Spare Process within the operations in order to ensure sustained network KPIs.
- Supervise all special events projects like improvement drives, festival target optimization (Charismas, EID & New Year etc), Bombed/burnt sites restoration.
- Project manages MS transition.
- Provide support for all RAN related issue coming from customer, CSD.
- Provide technical governance with MS partners.
- Follow up on the reported problem.
- Ensure that all the services providers strictly follow the SLA and report any deviation.
- All network changes/configuration are documented and follow through.
- Provide regular update on the state of the network
- Sign off of all network outages
- Prepare and manage the annual operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems in Airtel Nigeria( Financial)
- Prepare Annual Operating Plan compilation for active requirement for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Prepare annual budget for additional spares base on network dimension
- Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network reports
- Measure KPIs of the Networks and report variance
- Monitor Network node availability
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- At least 5 years Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
- Technical knowledge on Network Elements (Switching Systems, RAN, MPBN and SIGTRAN)
- Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
- Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, Huawei, NSN etc.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit.
- Getting it right the first time
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online