Stanbic IBTC Bank is an authorized financial services and registered credit provider. Stanbic IBTC Bank has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for passed 150 years, and now in over more than 16 countries across the African continent. Banking with Stanbic IBTC Bank convenience and simplicity in mind.
IBTC Bank help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices. Stanbic IBTC Bank believes in technical innovation, to help guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PBB Marketing Manager
Job ID: 47268
Job Sector: Banking
- Marketing: defining, marketing and protecting the Standard Bank brand across our business – including specialist advice and activity for specific countries and business units.
- To manage the marketing / communications / public relations marketing plans in order to capitalize on market opportunities and generate customer demand within the zones in Personal and Business Banking (PBB)
Provide and manage a marketing plan for PBB:
- Manage the efforts of the marketing team for each unit together with the other heads of PBB. This role manages the actual PBB marketing team.
- Proactively participate with other members of the executive in the PBB Group by directing and executing marketing / communications / public relations strategies and plans in support of business and group objectives
- Build a creative, integrated marketing team that builds brand awareness and reputation.
- Direct the development of strategies and plans that provide a steady flow of demand (for example, through sales leads) and include effective measurement on the return on marketing programme investments within PBB Nigeria.
- Develop the PBB marketing, communications and public relations plan and ensure this encompasses the strategies and plans for each of the Regions. The jobholder balances the requirements of multiple stakeholders from various parts of the business with group priorities.
- Approve Regional marketing strategies and plans. The jobholder ensures that these plans are implemented.
- Communicate the Regional marketing strategy and plan to internal and agency stakeholders.
- Organise and direct meetings on a regular basis whereby the Regional marketing strategy and plans are reviewed.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Regional strategies, plans and objectives in order to ensure that marketing aligns with these initiatives.
- Participate and be integral to the strategic planning of PBB leadership.
- Work strategically and partner with Regions to input into the development of new opportunities within the Regions.
- Provide Regions with insight around the competitive positioning and develop action plans to differentiate offerings through marketing communication. These would both inform and be informed by head office insights as the Regional marketing head would be closer to the ground initiatives and head office would look at this at an overall point of view.
- Manage and oversee marketing cross-functionally across the Regions including customer offerings, Regional marketing portfolio and marketing support teams (e.g., research, communications, digital, customer offerings, and business unit marketing).
- Recommend short- and long-term business unit goals and objectives to the Head: PBB Leadership.
- Keep informed of the developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations and financial services and use this information to help the organisation operate with agility and innovate on a consistent basis.
Manage all communication initiatives for PBB Marketing:
- Manage and oversee all functions comprising marketing communications associated with PBB including advertising, public relations, direct marketing, media placement, sales collateral, press releases, special events, market research, creative production, media planning, internal and external communication, sponsorships and all other marketing related activities.
- Manage and oversee the development of all supporting marketing collateral for PBB including brochures, sales collateral, etc. Ensure that the services, products and brand are positioned to effectively meet customer demand, remain competitive and remain within the positioning and business guidelines provided.
- Ensure consistent articulation of Standard Bank’s desired brand image and position within PBB and ensure this position is maintained within the marketing strategy for PBB.
Manage marketing research finances:
- Manage the implementation of monitoring processes that demonstrate return on investment of marketing, communications and public relations campaigns in Regions.
- Develop and maintain PBB marketing budgets that are consistent with the financial guidelines provided by the business unit and PBB Marketing and Communications.
- Ensure financial objectives for marketing in the Regions are met by overseeing forecasting requirements; preparing a consolidated annual budget for marketing across Regional marketing; analysing overall variances; and directing corrective actions within the team.
Report on all Regional marketing initiatives:
- Ensure marketing reports and communications contain relevant information to be used by the Regions and is in line with the requirements for PBB Marketing and Communications as a whole.
- Ensure that marketing evaluation systems are in place that relate to goals and objectives of the Regional business units and reports progress to the Head: PBB Marketing and Communications.
- Communicate the marketing strategies and plans for the Regions throughout PBB Marketing and Communications, Customer Channels and Regional teams including executive committees.
- Ensure that the correct data is used to analyse and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns in PBB.
- Participate in policy and decision-making regarding resource allocation and future direction and control of marketing initiatives in PBB Marketing and Communications overall.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing, communications, public relations function in Regions.
- Recommend marketing communication standards and policy changes to the Head: PBB Marketing and Communications.
- Keeps up to date with relevant regulatory requirements and understands how it impacts on the marketing function as a whole.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10years years experience in a Marketing and Communications role from a bank, FMCG, Telecommunications or Agency background
- Must have managed a project budget of approximately N300 mil
- Must have experience in managing and leading people
- Previous experience in preparing marketing plans and managing a marketing budget
- Effective Business Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Brand Management
- Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Strategic Planning and Reporting
Application Closing Date