Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN) Liaison Officer
Ref Id: sfh-31234
Job Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: 11 Months (with option for renewal)
- The PCN Liaison Officer (PCN LO) will be responsible for establishing and nurturing good working relationship between the Project and the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN) to enable the attainment of the strategic objectives of the Project.
- S/He will coordinate the project related PCN activities and support PCN in the translation, planning, coordination, and execution of all project.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Ensuring proper communication as well as cooperation between the project and PCN and other related entities.
- Coordinate project related activities and provide advice to PCN on the project’s purpose, objectives, timelines, policies, and activities.
- Support PCN in the development of activity plans based on programme outputs amongst others.
- Facilitate cross synergy of all related PCN – Project program activities
- Promote and Disseminate project activities within the PCN system / Pharmacy Community.
- Interface and support consortium members on the project in ensuring that all activities have strong PCN buy-in and active participation.
- Liaise with the Deputy Managing Director Operations and the Project Director in all high-level advocacies and meetings with a wide range of stakeholders, including Government, other consortium partners, Implementing Partners, and internal stakeholders within SFH to achieve project and organisational deliverables.
- Assists PCN to establish positive relationships with FMOH, Reproductive Health Units, media, etc and other stakeholders.
- Act as the focal person for the project at PCN activities and events including representing the project at some meeting/platforms where necessary.
- Ensure the visibility and credibility of IntegratE brand within the PCN system and the pharmacy / PPMV community.
- Support the project management team in documenting programmatic achievements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis as well as document and publish best practices.
- Support the project team in developing at least one human interest story or success story every quarter. This must be well documented and presented as part of the quarterly report.
- Support the project team in the production of at least one newsletter every quarter. This will be publishable newsletter and will be uploading same on the SFH/IntegratE website.
- Take on other roles and responsibilities as will be assigned by the project director.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree in Pharmaceutical Science. Master degree in public health or related will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered with pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in family planning programmes in a donor-funded environment.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of laws and regulation guiding the practice of pharmacy in Nigeria.
- Must have in-depth experience in developing, requesting, and using technical assistance and other capacity-building tools to catalyse problem-solving within institutional settings.
- Previous experience in system strengthening role will be an added advantage.
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of family planning
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2020.