Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant position, in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: Pharmacist – OSS
Requisition ID: sfh – 67387
Locations: Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, Oyo, Jigawa, Sokoto, and Kebbi States (1 position each)
Employment Type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
- This position will be responsible for the management of Antiretroviral Therapy services through the provision of pharmaceutical services in the One Stop Shop.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Delivery of quality antiretroviral therapy (ART) services, through ensuring an efficient supply of medicines and delivering client-oriented services to promote appropriate use.
- Manage the Pharmacy Unit to ensure excellent delivery of pharmaceutical care and uninterrupted supply of anti-retroviral drugs and other relevant medications.
- Ensure that the project maintains good Pharmacy practice and standards in clinical service delivery.
- Inventory management and reporting of all health commodities in the OSS.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a University Degree in Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Services/Doctor of Pharmacy) from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in public health programs, with a focus on HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
- Must possess a proven record of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and implementing health projects conducted with disease control programmes in low-income countries.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the ART regime and current global/national guidelines for dispensing ARV.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Patient counselling
- Adherence to professional ethics
- Accuracy in dealing with prescription.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.