Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Based in Gwoza, Gwoza LGA, Borno State
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Project Pharmacy Manager
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Supervises: Pharmacy Storekeeper(s)
Working Hours: 48 per week
Contract Duration: Six (6) Months
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSFstandards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervise pharmacy supply chain processes byMSF’s standards, reviewFMC used in the International Medical Order file and prepare internal orders in collaborationwith the PMR, pharmacy managerand the delivery.
- Pharmacy management:data collection,monthly analysis,partial and complete inventory and ISystock updated,Report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols,
- Record all items received and issued in ISystock,monitor and analyses orders of depending pharmacies to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs,overstock, sleeping drugs etc
- Supervise and on job training staff under his responsibility(storekeepers): Each month collecting data and elaborating it into a monthly analysis of the stock in the pharmacy,
- Supervise the consumption of controlled drugs, by checking the accordance between medical prescriptions, used ampoules and stockthen incorporate the information into a report of regulated drug uses,
- Supervise the rational use of supply drugs to patients.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effect.
- With PMR support, select sentinel drugs list to be closed monitor to avoid sudden rupture.
- Essential, Degree in Pharmacy.
- Medical knowledge an asset.
- Possession of a valid Pharmaceutical License.
- Minimum 1 year of practical experience desirable .
- Essential: English and Hausa. Desirable: Mandra and Kanuri
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSF Encourages Women and Peoplewith Disability Status to Apply.
- Only short–listed applicants will be contacted.