African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff – Planning and Administration Assistant, CHIS0
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- The Human Resources and Corporate Services complex (CHVP), drives the delivery of efficient, people-centered and client-oriented services which ensures overall institutional effectiveness in the internal workings of the African Development Bank.
- The complex leads efforts to digitize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resource policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice in development. The complex ensures that all human Resource practices, as well as all Corporate Services support greater corporate performance.
- The complex is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services, institutional procurement, language services, business continuity, health, and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department:
- The strategic objective of the Corporate Information Management department (CHIS) at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy, to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the Bank’s Information System’s Director, CHIS department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals
Duties And Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Chief Planning and Administration Assistant, the Planning and Administration Assistant will perform the following:
- Diligently process suppliers’ invoices and follow up internally with the relevant organizational units (FIFC, CHGS, FITR, etc.) and if necessary, with the suppliers to ensure the effectiveness of the regulations.
- Diligently process purchase requisitions and follow up internally to ensure that purchase orders are generated.
- Develop performance-based customer relationships by addressing quickly effectively the requests received.
- Address and proactively report any problem / risk identified.
- Assist in the budget planning of regular and exceptional administrative expenses.
- Analyze data and actively participate in the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Perform any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, IT, Mathematics, Statistics or any other related field;
- Have a minimum of four (04) years of relevant administration, finance or purchasing experience;
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Excellent written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Mastery of planning and budget management principles.
- Knowledge of SAP MM, the organization and procedures of the Bank (payments, purchases, budget planning) is an advantage;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access).
- Can do attitude and work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information & Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a short term staff (local staff)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.