Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Performance Technical Adviser
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Develop strategic plans for plant performance optimization with focus on heat rate reduction and improved critical equipment and their sub-equipment (e.g. boiler, turbines, and heaters) performance.
- Evaluate plant process and performance software options and recommend suitable software for the plant use
- Design thermodynamic models for all related equipment and systems
- Train plant performance engineer and efficiency analyst on use of software to design equipment and systems models as well as plant thermodynamic process models.
- Develop the framework and criteria for monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting deviations between operational data, expected predictions (based on models) and long-term operating trends
- Develop models that will assist prediction of fuel, raw water, water treatment chemicals and other consumables, compared to current and long-term trends. Also analyze results and proffer recommendations for improvements.
- Advise and guide maintenance and operations teams on subjects of improvements in plant performance (equipment) and thermal efficiency.
- train as well as guide performance engineers on troubleshooting abnormal operating events and coordinating solutions.
- Train the performance engineers and efficiency analyst on performance test codes, performance testing results preparations (data collection, analysis and reporting), thermal efficiency computation – heat balance method and thermal accounting.
- Advise and guide POPIT (Plant Operations & Performance Improvement Team) on working plant performing testing vendor before and after overhaul performance tests.
- Develop an advisory document for management decisions on Egbin’s need to develop full capacity for performance testing. The document will cover the models, the instruments, tools, equipment, transmitters as well as manning for such capacity.
- Fully evaluate the plant performance level vis- a-vis existing technology and recommend cost effective technology change or retrofits for performance improvements
- General adviser on plant thermodynamic process and equipment performance, thermal efficiency and all related subjects.
Education & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience with performance thermal performance specialist with at least 15 years cognate experience
- Experience working in thermal Power plants with Similar equipment like boiler, turbines, condensers, heaters and compressors
- Experience with various thermodynamic simulation and related software to design models.
- Experience with performance testing and reporting as well as performance testing codes.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven track record of performance improvements in similar power thermal
- Ability to communicate effectively (Verbal and Written) in English
- Ability to train and coach
- Ability to develop executable strategic plans with methodology for monitoring and evaluating progress.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.