Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pre-Shipment Officer – Export – (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Preshipment002
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- Provide support to Logistics Officer in managing key operations decision, , adherence to shipping activities, safety guidelines and quality requirements etc.
- Support in scheduling of DCP’s cement export shipments in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Obtain relevant information on planned shipments and update shipping schedule.
- Ensure compliance of the Freight Forwarding processes with DCP rules and regulation.
- Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per DCP requirements and regulations.
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Freight Forwarding documents in line with the DCP procedures.
- Coordinate shipment logistics from Nigerian origin to across other Africa nations to deliver under the guidance of the Nigerian Law / regulations and in compliance to the DCP rule.
- Liaise with Export Terminal Logistics, Border, and DCP plant personnel to ensure efficient operations.
- Liaise with the banks and government appointed shipment inspection agents on every shipment for appropriate duty payment of shipping charges classification in conformance to the statutory requirement.
- Liaise effectively with government agencies (e. g NAFDAC, Customs, NPA) to secure relevant permits and approvals.
- Ensure appropriate and correct shipping documents are obtained from logistic, freight forwarders, government appointed pre-shipment inspection agents, etc.
- Ensure that all export activities and shipping documentation are transacted and updated.
- Ensure key performance indicators are reported and followed up. Prepare periodic shipping activity reports in line with DCP rules.
- Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments.
- Ensure adequate record keeping of customs documents, notices, government regulatory documents and documentations of other third parties.
- Ensure timely payment of NESS fees and
- Ensure NESS receipts are forwarded to Inspection agents for the generation of CCIs.
- Follow up with authorities (Customs/ONSA) in case of delays of approvals.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours:
- Knowledgeable on INCOTERMS, laws, and regulations applicable to Freight Forwarding and importation
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and Operational functions will be an added advantage
- Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date