Abuja Clinics is a world class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast of cutting edge equipment which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff who provide excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Accountant
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles; personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective work force; fulfills affirmative action responsibilities; and does related work.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervises activities of subordinates; assigns work and evaluates performance.
- Plans, directs, organizes, and schedules the activities of a specialized accounting function or several accounting areas.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial reports and reconciliation.
- Advises administrative management as to procedures concerning expenditures and other accounting practices.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of specialized or highly complex reports, statements, surveys or analysis for management.
- Maintains accounting and budget records.
- Recommends alternatives to management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities.
- Researches, analyzes, and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
- Reviews statements of accounting information and other reports provided by the hospital’s general ledger system.
- Provides technical advice and services to lower level accountants or other hospital staff with problems, complex issues or special projects.
- Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting or Finance, Master of Science, MBA or a professional Accounting qualification with not more than 5 cognate post ICAN chartered experience.
- Minimum of 12 years post NYSC experience in an accounting/external audit role
- ICAN certification is a must.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, theory and practices including governmental accounting.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications
- Skill in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.