Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer – Mixed Reality
Job Number: 1167236
Employment Type: Full-Time
Travel: 0-25 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- In Mixed Reality, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
- We’re a diverse team of talented engineers, product managers, designers, and artists putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Kinect for Azure, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, Xbox, and Surface Hub. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
- The Microsoft Mesh team is pioneering the future of collaborative computing, and we are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate is an engineer with a deep technical background who has shipped multiple products across multiple platforms. The Mixed Reality market is still very much emerging – the ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is critical.
The following qualities are important to this role:
- Effective communicator
- A proven collaborator
- Passionate about changing ambiguity into decisions
- Willing and able to quickly learn new technologies
- Attentive to detail.
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, program management, and software development for sustained long term success
- Partner with architects and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Participate actively in detailed design, implementation, review, and bug/issue triage of features and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- 8+ years minimum experience in Software Design, Software Development, or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability across technology stacks
- A strong desire to create an inclusive environment to teach and mentor junior engineers
- Experience building AR/VR/MR/XR applications or multiplayer games
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
- Experience building, maintaining, and optimizing large scale distributed systems
- Software architecture and API design experience is a plus
- Experience building application programming models.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online