Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal SPM & Oil Offloading System Construction Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
- Support Construction Management Team (CMT) Lead comprising of the activities of SPM Construction Engineer, Offshore Coordination Team (OCT) Engineer, Pipeline Construction/ Installation Engineers and Subsea Engineers for the seamless execution and delivery Project.
- Support Package Lead in the development and Implementation of Technical Bid evaluation (TBE) Template and actively participate in the review and selection process for the Technical Offers from the Bidders
- Support Package Lead in the development of Commercial Bid evaluation (CBE) Template and actively Participate in Selection process for the winning bidder
- Actively Participate in the development of Post Tender Negotiation (PTN) strategy and contribute to cost savings /avoidance initiatives and including support for preparation of the Contract document.
- Actively participate in Tender Assurance activities and ensure close out of all the identified actions (HAZOP, ITRs, PCAP assurance, MoCs, PMF deliverables and IPA benchmarking)
- Support package Lead in Identifying relevant interfaces and participate in all interface meetings, workshops and review sessions to ensure alignment of deliverables between relevant packages and disciplines.
- Support, review and approve the evaluation and selection of EPC sub-contractors and suppliers to execute parts of the required construction scope.
- Lead the Execution of EPC-5 scope entailing detailed Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Loadout, marine transport & Installation Engineering, Pre-lay & wet-packing of mooring systems and suction piles, Oil Offloading Risers (OOR’s), Post-installation & commissioning supports Transportation and Installation of SPM buoy, Suction Piles and Mooring Lines.
- Provide Construction Engineering expertise to the EPC-5 Project package covering all activities such as planning, contract development/Management and award, site and off-site construction management, commissioning related to the implementation and hand-over of the SPM and OOS system facility.
- Support the development of Construction execution philosophy and identify all the critical early project execution deliverables.
- Participate in constructability and safety reviews during detailed design of the SPM and OOS facilities during construction.
- Drive implementation of IOGP Construction Site Safety Standardisation (CSSS)at Contractors fabrication and construction sites.
- Promote development of in-country fabrication and construction capabilities.
- Provide support for the Resourcing, development and setup of the EPC-5 Construction site offices and Fabrication yards located in-country.
- A university degree in Marine, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering discipline with 15 years’ experience in Project Engineering, of which at least 10 years’ experience directly related to delivery of SPMs and Offloading System scope in Deepwater Mega Project Construction Engineering Management with emphasis in design and Execute phase (detail design, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up).
- The position will appeal to persons who have previously had overall responsibility for the fabrication and construction of large and complex oil and gas facilities for offshore applications and particularly in SPMs and oil offloading systems.
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of Deepwater SPMs and Offloading System systems design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major Deepwater project involving subsea infrastructure design and installation.
- Previous experience on in-country fabrication & construction experience of Deepwater buoys.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- He/she shall meet the requirement of a COREN registered or registerable engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of a broad range of SPM and offloading facilities and project engineering systems, buoy and moorings industry design codes, standards, class rules, criteria, tools and practices.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills, well developed communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Ability to effectively functioning a multi-cultural and multi-discipline environment.
- Proven track record of having successfully delivered at least one major (>$500 million) E&P project.
- Broad knowledge of Deepwater Construction design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operation with a fair amount of depth in at least one main system (subsea, pipeline, topsides, host, etc.).
- HSE commitment and leadership.
- Knowledge of key external stakeholders’ needs and business drivers, including economic, political, environmental, and social issues.
- Commercially astute and “streetwise”. Proven track record in commercial negotiations and contractor management.
- High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretching personal and business goals
- Maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and culture, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years – 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: A university degree in Marine, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering discipline
- Experience: Minimum Experience 10 Years
- Other experience: 10 years’ experience directly related to delivery of SPMs and Offloading System
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2020.