Kogi State University, located at Anyigba, is the state-owned University of Kogi, Nigeria. It was established in 1999 by Prince Abubakar Audu, the former governor of the state. At the time of its establishment, it was known as Kogi State University, It was named Prince Abubakar Audu University (PAAU) in 2002 and later renamed Kogi State University in 2003 (KSU).
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Professor
Location: Anyigba, Kogi
Faculty: Social Sciences
We are recruiting candidates for the Departments below:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Political Science.
- Candidates must possess relevant PhD qualification in their area of interest or a Fellowship of either National or West African College in the appropriate discipline applied for.
- Aside possessing the required as well as relevant Academic qualifications in the programme of interest, applicants must have met the mandatory residency period as a Reader where such an applicant is not already a Professor.
- Applicants must have had a minimum of 15 years university working experience, a minimum of twenty four publications published in reputable journals (six of which could be publications in edited conference proceedings).
- Candidates for this position requiring tenure appointment must not have exceeded the mandatory retirement age of 70 years.
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the approved conditions governing the service of Senior Staff in Nigerian Universities.
Salary & Allowances
Salary & Allowances are as obtainable in Nigerian Public Universities. An enhanced welfare package is also in place to attract the best in the education sector.
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Forward Hard copies of the Application to:
Kogi State University, Anyigba,
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, applicants should request their Referees to forward Reference on their behalf directly to the Address above.
- For the online application, candidates should Login / Sign up for the Application Form.
- Shortlisted applicants should come for the interview with three (3) bound copies of their publications, containing their Curriculum Vitae.