The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Driver
Locations: Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Calabar Cross River
Job Type: Full time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- The drivers will operate the vehicles in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life, in consonance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Duties include performing daily safety and maintenance checks, daily cleaning of vehicles as scheduled/or required, pick up and deliver staff as per a set schedule and ensure safe, secure storing of the vehicles.
- S/He will advise his/her supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs as well as ensure staff conform to safety procedures always and note any breach of these protocols by staff
Job Specific Responsibilities
- The incumbents will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard ofthe CCCRN/Nigeria’s fleet as stated in the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- S/he will also follow up and ensure that routine preventive maintenance schedules for thevehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CCCRNstaff, assets and other goods.
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CCCRN Nigeriavehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Admin and Logistics officer each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using theVehicle Logbook provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head of Office, Security Officer and Admin/Logistics officer immediately inaccident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows theprocedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Responsible for ensuring that CCCRN vehicles are clean at all times
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage andMaintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CCCRN vehiclesand that all the relevant forms are completed
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly
- Maintenance report by the 1st of each month.
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CCCRN procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and Head of Office.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: All CCCRN assigned location Staff
- External: None
Qualification and Skills
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of road network within Akwa Ibom and Cross River with a minimum of four years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Minimum of National Diploma Certificate
- Ability to communicate in English is essential
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
- To field locations in Nigeria.
- CCCRN is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom
Application closing Date
Wednesday, 15th July, 2020. (Midnight)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.