The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Support Officer
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full Time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- Program Support Officer is responsible for front desk coordination and management of the organisations reception area, receiving guest and directing them appropriately.
- He/She will support the CCCRN central procurement system for state level procurementin concordance with CCCRN policies.
- Provide overall support to the CentralHuman Resource (HR) unit, by supporting state staff in application of the HR policies at the state level,provide support to employees on HR issues, maintain state level HR records and coordinate staff support with central HR unit.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinate the reception area, receives guest and guide them appropriately
- Manage the CCCRN call center, respond and channel inquiries and correspondence appropriately.
- Receive all external electronic or paper based correspondence on behalf of the organisations, channel and distribute in mail box appropriately.
- Manage the State procurement process by processing approved request in concordance with CCCRN policies, liaising with central office procurement unit for prompt processing of request beyond state procurement levels.
- Oversees all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, coordinating bid selection process of prequalified vendors in line with CCCRN policies and ensure process completion within a good turnaround time.
- Ensure adequate documentation and record keeping of all procurement transactions, guaranteeitems and services procured are from credible suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions with acceptable turnaround time.
- Leads the development and compilation of the performance driven annual CCCRN approved vendor listing at the state level in concordance with CCCRN procurement policies.
- He/She coordinates human resource (HR)administrative and program support activities at the operational base to staff and liaise with central human resource unit to ensure prompt resolve of HR related issues.
- Maintain an asset register of all procured ICHSSA assets in collaboration with administration and logistic officer
- Maintain up to date record of approved employee time sheets, leave request forms andensure transmission to CCCRN central HR unit for processing.
- Update and administer documentation such as the exit interview form etc.
- Support the activities of selected committee for interviews, managing job interview processesfor new applicants
- Plans and coordinate new employee orientation/ induction with all units to foster positive attitude toward ICHSSA goals.
- Follow up with managers to ensure that staff performance appraisals are received on time
- Maintain current staff contact list
- Other duties assigned
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: All program staff, Administration and finance team
- External:Vendors, Suppliers and Service Providers
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in any of the social science or arts, with at least 3 years relevant working experience
- Proven experience as an Administrative/Front Desk Officer
- Knowledge of office human resource policies and procedures
- Demonstrates understanding of USG policies on procurement and administrative processes
- Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular)
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail.
- Ability to multi task
- Willigness to relocate at short notice
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom
Application Closing Date
Friday 10th July, 2020 (Midnight).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter (as a single MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.