The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (RR / M & E)
SVN No.: SVN2021.057
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Organizational Unit: Reintegration and Reconciliation
Estimated Start: As soon as possible
IOM Classification: G5
Duty Station: Maiduguri
- Working under the overall supervision of the S2R Senior Project Coordinator and the direct supervision of the ICRS Project Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of socio-economic counselling and assistance to ICRS beneficiaries and designing and implementation of Community socioeconomic intervention including community developmental projects.
In particular, s/he will. In particular, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the ICRS socio-economic reintegration activities including Community Socioeconomic Intervention through identification of community need, and implement community project base on needs.
- Provide relevant information to beneficiaries and receiving communities, counsel beneficiaries on appropriate socio-economic opportunities and projects, make referrals to partner organizations and opportunities when necessary.
- Undertake regular field visits to verify socio-economic interventions are implemented in a timely and effective manner, provide immediate response to challenges faced by beneficiaries in the field when possible, and facilitate recording of all activities and observations in the ICRS database.
- Support effective, efficient and flexible implementation of approved ICRS projects / grants and recommend for implementation socioeconomic approach and procurement plan with budgetary implication for the ICRS beneficiaries and community project including facilitating procurement process for the smooth implementation of reintegration Programme.
- In coordination with team leaders, draft weekly / monthly activity plans as well as ad hoc activity reports when requested.
- Develop and maintain friendly, open and professional communications with beneficiaries, local counterparts, contractors / vendors, other agencies and organizations as well as local authorities.
- Participate in regular staff meetings as well as meetings with community counterparts, implementing partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with key national stakeholders and international actors and development partners on issues related to Socioeconomic opportunities for ICRS beneficiaries
- Recommend for implementation identified opportunities for Beneficiaries
- Socioeconomic improvement, modernization, simplification, while working closely with other units to ensure timely and efficient implementation of identified process changes.
- Provide overall support in the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the Socioeconomic Counselling Unit and field operations under the programme.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor..
- University Degree from an accredited institution in International Relations, Social Science, Law, Development and Humanitarian Affairs or related field.
- Minimum five years (three years for bachelor’s degree Holders) of continuous practice post-graduation, registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license.
- Experience in related field, preferably in Transition, Reintegration Reconciliation, or related experience.
- Experience in projects implemented with communities is an asset.
- Good computer literacy;
- Flexible work schedule and be ready to be engaged on short notice.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations, and private sector entities.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian
- Good knowledge of the northeast region in Nigeria is an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads and tight timelines.
- Willing to accept a flexible work schedule.
- Attentive to details and accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English is required and working knowledge of Local Languages.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competenciesn – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.56.Project Assistant (ICT).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.